Suggestion (fans moaning) | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Suggestion (fans moaning)

Nov 28, 2005
PLYMOUTH
Time and time again I see people on Pasoti having a go at the moaning on the site.

Perhaps there should be a warning before allowing login like.

"Beware, not everyone who posts on Pasoti are happy to see the team under perform, whilst the manager looks bored out of his mind."

"Many Argyle supporters are not prepared to watch the team consistently make the same errors over and over without criticism."

I don't mind who posts what, even if I don't agree, as this is the point of a fans forum surely?

Who cares more = Blind loyalty or wanting the best possible?

And remember the definition of an idiot?

Someone who keeps doing the same thing, yet expects a different outcome.

Apr 4, 2004
Fully agree. It's so hard to enjoy what's being served up at the moment. People are bound to moan.

If we were playing really well but not getting results I could take that as there would be hope.

If we were playing rubbish but getting results I could live with that no problem.

If we were playing well and getting results I think I could live with that :crazy:

But no we are play the most awful football and not getting many points. Not only that but with so many players out of position us fans don't even know what we are trying to do. Do the players? It's not working.

If the club needs it's fans, then it has to except they are part of the whole thing. That means getting our approval. I think they are failing at that. People won't just turn up to watch any old tripe.

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
ming the merciless":3sagc7xu said:
Fully agree. It's so hard to enjoy what's being served up at the moment. People are bound to moan.

If we were playing really well but not getting results I could take that as there would be hope.

If we were playing rubbish but getting results I could live with that no problem.

If we were playing well and getting results I think I could live with that :crazy:

But no we are play the most awful football and not getting many points. Not only that but with so many players out of position us fans don't even know what we are trying to do. Do the players? It's not working.

If the club needs it's fans, then it has to except they are part of the whole thing. That means getting our approval. I think they are failing at that. People won't just turn up to watch any old tripe.

:clap: :clap:

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
argobenz":3jvwuuwh said:
I don't mind who posts what, even if I don't agree, as this is the point of a fans forum surely?

Yet you start a thread complaining about the content of some people's posts. :banghead:

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
argobenz":m94qcxwr said:

That is very harsh. The Green Army are very loyal and continue to do the same thing in turning up at HP. That's what proper fans do. It doesn't make them idiots.

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
A cliche, isn't it, to depict the support as one collective, because it isn't nor should it be.
And for many, the social appointment of going to Argyle is somewhat unrelated to the poor ambition of the club and its mainly demotivated halfhearted personnel. It's two hours downtime, irrespective of Brent's ridiculous ownership.
If the last few remaining, who'll even cheer listless failure are the 'proper fans', so be it.

But it seems simple to appreciate the argument that the only power the fans have is to withhold their custom. To turn up and air disapproval of Brent & co would seem the most hypocritical of behaviour.

Oct 5, 2013
Lundan Cabbie":2pe35vpy said:
argobenz":2pe35vpy said:

That is very harsh. The Green Army are very loyal and continue to do the same thing in turning up at HP. That's what proper fans do. It doesn't make them idiots.

Yes, the Green Army are phenomenal, home and away. Yet the club needs about 2,000 more at very home game to really be thriving, and people just aren't going to turn up as things are at the moment.

Mar 21, 2013
Yeah you don't mind what people post yet feel you have to have a dig at those who aren't getting their knickers in a twist & aren't as gloomy & Cobi there was a similar post awhile back about fans moaning but because it didn't support the negatives view you thought it was ridiculous yet somehow this is excellent?
Yeah we can all have an opinion as long as it supports my view hey? Some of you guys haven't a clue.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
I appreciate the differing views, the Green Army is a broad church, I have read posts that initially I disagreed with, however on reading again coupled with other posts in response, I was able to see a different reality. Keep posting, keep disagreeing but keep it rational with no recourse to personal attacks.

Aug 21, 2011
Vladivostok
justanotherfan":2tzx5lrv said:
I appreciate the differing views, the Green Army is a broad church, I have read posts that initially I disagreed with, however on reading again coupled with other posts in response, I was able to see a different reality. Keep posting, keep disagreeing but keep it rational with no recourse to personal attacks.
Thats it.

I do chuckle at the constant posts of ''Brent out'' *Edited by Admin* 2 options gentlemen:
1. Don't give Argyle your cash or
2. Buy Brent out

No 1 won't happen on mass and if you can do No 2 then get in there. (I've got my lottery ticket/s)

Off to work back later - hopefully ! :scarf:

pilgrimmike1

R.I.P
Oct 5, 2010
oggieland
Don't_Panic":1mvxluyd said:
Yeah you don't mind what people post yet feel you have to have a dig at those who aren't getting their knickers in a twist & aren't as gloomy & Cobi there was a similar post awhile back about fans moaning but because it didn't support the negatives view you thought it was ridiculous yet somehow this is excellent?
Yeah we can all have an opinion as long as it supports my view hey? Some of you guys haven't a clue.
Could'nt agree more, just another thread telling people what they can or cannot post. Just for the record our very own Ijn is one of those that who does'nt seem to get his knickers in a twist and he's the bleedin site owner, get where i'm going? We have all got an opinion and a right to express it, you however do not have to read, accept or wholey agree.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Just my opinion of course but at times it does seem as though the more negative posters not only post about their disappointment of performances and results but that they are the posters intent on insulting posters taking a more pragmatic approach.

Aug 5, 2005
It's not the moaning that gets my goat. It's the repeated posts.

Some posters get an idea in their head and decide to post it on every thread going; even starting up threads to say what they have just said five times already. So the forum turns into the same six or seven people making the same point and having the same conversations, no matter which thread you enter.

Do people think that the more they post something, the more true it will be?

Nov 28, 2005
PLYMOUTH
GreenThing":1x8tpsb1 said:
argobenz":1x8tpsb1 said:

Yet you start a thread complaining about the content of some people's posts. :banghead:

No I made a suggestion to warn the green tints.