2022 World Cup - Perhaps not Qatar? | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

2022 World Cup - Perhaps not Qatar?

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Left here temporarily - will be moved elsewhere later.

Apr 28, 2009
Nova Scotia, Canada
Not surprised
I was there last week and it was 45 degrees. One month before it was 55 degrees. The best way I can describe the heat is that walking outside is akin to opening an oven door.
I also heard that the plan was to build 4 or 5 stadiums next to each other, which would be a pretty weird prospect

B

bizzay1

That's just the personal thoughts of one of the committee, not an announcement

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Just think, somewhere there is a parallel universe in which FIFA didn't pick Qatar but, instead picked England. Plymouth was then chosen as one of the match venues, money poured in for the development of a 44,000 seater stadium, Argyle never went into administration and Sir Roy Gardner and Keith Todd are heroes.

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
The Doctor":19kvq9sj said:
Just think, somewhere there is a parallel universe in which FIFA didn't pick Qatar but, instead picked England. Plymouth was then chosen as one of the match venues, money poured in for the development of a 44,000 seater stadium, Argyle never went into administration and Sir Roy Gardner and Keith Todd are heroes.
It was Russia picked ahead, not Qatar. The same continent can't host two world cups in a row.

An interesting though, though.

Aug 15, 2008
I really do not know how Blatter gets away with all his antics. Well actually I do - Manila Envelopes stuffed with cash and distributed to tinpot associations like the Caribbean FIFA ( Jack Warner ) and yes he is no longer there but you get my point.

Quinny

Cream First
Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon
Interesting this comment was made not long after the secret report, by Michael Garcia, into the 2018 and 2022 World Cup bids was released to the FIFA top brass.

Mar 3, 2004
Cornwall
"The Qatar technical report indicated clearly that it is too hot in summer, but the executive committee with quite a big majority decided all the same that the tournament would be in Qatar,"

So a huge amount was wasted on 'technical reports' from each bidding country which obviously played no part in the selection procedure.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Chris Dennis":3e0wu31k said:
"The Qatar technical report indicated clearly that it is too hot in summer, but the executive committee with quite a big majority decided all the same that the tournament would be in Qatar,"

So a huge amount was wasted on 'technical reports' from each bidding country which obviously played no part in the selection procedure.

Is there a chance that The Magnificent Seven will revive their dream of bringing World Cup soccer to Plymouth?