AFT sets timetable for 2014 elections | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

AFT sets timetable for 2014 elections

B

BallboyEGS1958

GreenSam":36z7t3or said:
http://www.argylefanstrust.com/2014/09/28/timetable-for-2014-elections/

Anyone wishing to stand to be on the board or vote in the election needs to be a member by 5pm on Friday. It can be done online. Stand for the AFT board and be in charge of change!

Edit- appreciate the sticky, cheers!

Sam,
Would change the wording regarding applying to go on the board, in my opinion it does not read right.
ā€œStand for the AFT Board and be part of shaping the future development of the Trustā€

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Jul 28, 2010
Excellent a tallest dwarf contest!

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
BallboyEGS1958":333gt6o3 said:
GreenSam":333gt6o3 said:
http://www.argylefanstrust.com/2014/09/28/timetable-for-2014-elections/

Anyone wishing to stand to be on the board or vote in the election needs to be a member by 5pm on Friday. It can be done online. Stand for the AFT board and be in charge of change!

Edit- appreciate the sticky, cheers!

Sam,
Would change the wording regarding applying to go on the board, in my opinion it does not read right.
ā€œStand for the AFT Board and be part of shaping its future developmentā€
Hi mate,

I can kind of see where you are coming from with that. Change I guess could be seen to infer a negative connotation but we didn't mean it like that. Change doesn't necessarily mean that things are bad at the moment- but it's a short, snappy and effective way of saying that things will always change as time goes on and therefore we need people who want and are dedicated to shaping and also driving that future development. That's not such a good slogan though :greensmile:

Appreciate the thoughts though!

Hope you're well,

Sam.

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
Pasties and Cider":3n3y3i4i said:
If it's such a bad range of people (all volunteers by the way giving up their time) you could always raise the bar. Plenty of time to join up and bring your array of free time, expertise, effort and all round class to the AFT board ;)

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
GreenSam":u57r26xt said:
Pasties and Cider":u57r26xt said:
If it's such a bad range of people (all volunteers by the way giving up their time) you could always raise the bar. Plenty of time to join up and bring your array of free time, expertise, effort and all round class to the AFT board ;)

Pasoti Mod elected onto the AFT? Imagine the scandal Sam :greensmile:

L G

ā™£ļø PACSA Member
āœ… Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
Ollieargyle9":21uk8miy said:
GreenSam":21uk8miy said:
Pasties and Cider":21uk8miy said:

Pasoti Mod elected onto the AFT? Imagine the scandal Sam :greensmile:
Have to win the election first Ollie :whistle:

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Jul 28, 2010
GreenSam":26f21cen said:
Pasties and Cider":26f21cen said:

Why dignify a body that makes the Dibley Parish Council look organised? LG - winning wouldn't be a problem - I reckon most people if they wanted to could get the 60 votes that will be necessary. :cool:

Vote Steve Evans

L G

ā™£ļø PACSA Member
āœ… Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
Pasties and Cider":6sxplpys said:
GreenSam":6sxplpys said:
Pasties and Cider":6sxplpys said:

Why dignify a body that makes the Dibley Parish Council look organised? LG - winning wouldn't be a problem - I reckon most people if they wanted to could get the 60 votes that will be necessary. :cool:

Vote Steve Evans
If indeed there was an election at all P&C.

Perhaps the President and Greenarmy1984 should throw their hats into the ring? :think:

Jun 8, 2014
TinTin":arj96388 said:
Is there a representative for all exiles across the globe ?

The travel expenses would be exciting..................... :funny:

Keep the Faith :scarf:

Interesting point though.

Do different electees represent different areas of the fanbase?

Jan 3, 2013
Impression I get is that with a couple of exceptions the AFT is an ego trip rather than helping the club. I'll don my tin hat

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
Pasties and Cider":1p109lsq said:
GreenSam":1p109lsq said:
Pasties and Cider":1p109lsq said:

Vote Steve Evans
Charming way to talk about volunteers. If this was just a dig at me I'd rise above but there's people who devote hours upon hours to making it work. There's constructive criticism and then there's just being snide and mean-spirited. Yes we can be under-volunteered but what better way to change that. We're still delivering the large sum of money needed for the RBL sponsorship and information to our memberbase /the fanbase about the situation at Argyle. That's what we're about: transparency, openness and fan interaction and it's what we've delivered (Tudor meeting plus also hoping to speak to the club soon about the new loan that's been announced). We also run a publication and several social events each year. We also devised a working group plan for a new stand that was consulted on with the club. We've also got one big project coming uo which we hope to announce before the election. Not bad for a team of what-10 or so? But of course everyone else could do better at the drop of a hat.

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
Paven":2l0vi7yi said:
TinTin":2l0vi7yi said:
Is there a representative for all exiles across the globe ?

The travel expenses would be exciting..................... :funny:

Keep the Faith :scarf:

Interesting point though.

Do different electees represent different areas of the fanbase?
Not specifically.

We doubtless will have some standing on the board who are exiled from Plymouth- but the life of an exile in London or Southampton is very different from one in China or Australia. However if there are exile specific concerns that anybody does have then of course we'd be more than willing to do our best for them. There's one I have which I'd like to raise actually myself.

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
Knarf Reprah":3o8mt457 said:
Impression I get is that with a couple of exceptions the AFT is an ego trip rather than helping the club. I'll don my tin hat
I imagine the sponsorship money for the back of the shirt and the associated publicity from having such a good sponsor will help the club- especially on Armed Services weekend. Also what was the mantra when we came out of admin: never again? Surely trying to find out more about the development and loan details helps the club? We have also entered into an arrangement with Argyle on one occasion at least (to my memory) where we've sold Argyle merchandise on their behalf at AFT events http://www.argylefanstrust.com/2014/07/ ... s-fun-day/.

So we've helped the club in the material sense and in our duty as a 'watchdog' to do our very best to ensure that such a thing as 2011 doesn't happen again. Most of our board and certainly all of our volunteers in treasury, membership, secretarial duties etc outside of the AFT board all keep a very low profile indeed. Perhaps me less so but that's for reasons of effective communication and debate rather than any desire to be 'in the headlines'. We get things wrong sometimes. Happy to admit it. But having a go at the motives of volunteers stings far more than constructive criticism of decisions that are made.