Cheer up | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Cheer up

Mar 23, 2011
Cheer up every Argyle supporter,after 11 games last season we had 11pts compared with this season when we have
16pts.Which means we might just make 7th place come the end of the season.

Jan 7, 2013
I'll cheer up once we have a manager who knows what he's doing! Or when we put back to back decent performances together!

J

just_ste

FRED":3k9opsk5 said:
Cheer up every Argyle supporter,after 11 games last season we had 11pts compared with this season when we have
16pts.Which means we might just make 7th place come the end of the season.
Its boring ffs

Feb 2, 2007
I was despondent after Accrington last week but a win has made feel more positive- I wasn't at the match yesterday though.

What is interesting- we have played 5 of the current top 7 and beaten two Luton and Southend, losing to Morecombe, Wycombe and Bury. Apart from Wycombe we have played ok or well and probably "deserved" something in those games. Shrewsbury invested heavily in the summer and played at a higher level last year so I think we are proving we can hold our own among the top teams!

I'm undoubtedly more cheery today than last sunday (and I was at Accy too) .. but the inconsistency in our performances, possession, and a seeming unwillingness to take a shot on goal without too many touches, continues to frustrate. Time and again it is proven that good ol basic width and pace brings goals, free kicks and wins ... and brings fans pleasure. So why we don't use our best winger baffles me. Our next four games are .... Tranmere, Carlisle, Wimbledon, Chelt .... I want to be watching Football League Show in a month with us on a 5 game winning streak please. then I will allow myself to be fully cheered up.

Feb 2, 2007
Feeling happier now people- 3 narrow but pleasing victories in a week and we could be building some momentum and consistency here. Hope the gate at Home Park starts to reflect this- optimism is infectious after all... :scarf:

metroace

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Sep 8, 2011
Glenholt
A distinct lack of folk on here today pointing out how few points there are between us and the relegation places! Long may that continue.

C

Cobi Budge.

Granted I've been anti-Sheridan but we are sixth in the league with 3 wins in a week, I'm over the moon to be honest.

It feels like some don't want us to be this high because they want to be right about Sheridan, I am desperate to be wrong about Sheridan & if he continues to prove me wrong then great :thumbup:

Jan 7, 2013
I am also chuffed to bits we are 6th I am also anti Sheridan but would never want Argyle to lose to be proved right!

Mar 23, 2008
clokey84":1qezxhq7 said:
I am also chuffed to bits we are 6th I am also anti Sheridan but would never want Argyle to lose to be proved right!
Indeed I'm not a Sheridan fan but we've had an excellent week and him and the players deserve great credit. At this point we are in a good place, if only we could add a bit of fluency to performances at HP we would be in a very good place.

Feb 2, 2007
Sheridan is a no frills manager who knows this league. It won't ever be amazing entertainment but there were times under Luggy when we were workmanlike, effective and lumped it to Trigger. No one complains when you win.

I don't want our fan base to be like Oxford- negative about Chris Wilder despite getting them back in the League and in promo places last season. He left and the club has simply disintegrated since with an inexperienced new manager trying to play pretty football in L2- attractive but does it get results? No.

We will win more games than we lose this season and if Nelse, Reid, Luke stay fit we will be in Top 7.

Jun 19, 2006
Somewhere or other
Cobi Budge.":3ruposu9 said:
Granted I've been anti-Sheridan but we are sixth in the league with 3 wins in a week, I'm over the moon to be honest.

It feels like some don't want us to be this high because they want to be right about Sheridan, I am desperate to be wrong about Sheridan & if he continues to prove me wrong then great :thumbup:
Spot on Cobi...

Unfortunately the points scorers will be out in force whichever way it goes... :facepalm:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Bang on Ian.

The people with vey strong views always hate to be proved wrong.

I've never understood that stance, we should all be able to admit mistakes and re-align accordingly.

I still hate plastics though! :greensmile:

Aug 5, 2005
It amuses me that some people only seem to be able to operate a keyboard if we lose (or we haven't kicked off yet and they happily assume we are going to lose)