We need a new Drummer | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

We need a new Drummer

Drummer Yes or No.

• Yes - The drum brings an atmosphere to Home Park.

Votes: 91 56.9%
  • No - The drum should be consigned to history.

Votes: 45 28.1%
  • I really don't care - Couldn't care a flying one.

Votes: 24 15.0%

• Total voters
Nov 4, 2012
OK so the atmosphere last Saturday was an all time low considering we did actually win the game. Yes the desperately poor football isn't helping but nobody can deny that the drum helped increase the decibels over recent years.

There has been a 3 page thread moaning about the atmosphere so anyone that moans about that but then moans that they don't like the drum is contradicting themselves.

Surely someone must fancy it in the Devonport? Can't say I'd like to do it week in week out but if someone else did I for one would be very grateful.

Jan 3, 2013
NOOOOOOOOO puerile, annoying, infantile and pathetic! I have a large tub of Vaseline to use if a drummer dares to interrupt my football afternoons

Sep 29, 2008
Plymouth
Knarf Reprah":1j5kvexr said:
NOOOOOOOOO puerile, annoying, infantile and pathetic! I have a large tub of Vaseline to use if a drummer dares to interrupt my football afternoons

What? No dinner or flowers first?

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
Same goes for those who rubbished Forza Verde a year or so ago, a group of well meaning youngsters got up and gave it a go only to be abused for doing so. Now the idea has pretty much died a death but amazingly the moaners are still here only they're no longer attacking a group of young fans for singing and being "cringey" they're attacking the group of young fans for giving up on the singing, fantastic :doh:

The football on the pitch doesn't help spirits of course it doesn't but I thought the point of singing was to will the team forwards. Really, if the team aren't playing well, what we should be doing is singing louder, not shutting up altogether.

If people want an atmosphere at Home Park, only they can create it. There's no point demanding more from vocal fans whilst simulatneously bemoaning those vocal fans and labelling them as cringey, if you don't like the songs they sing come up with your own, get 'em posted on here or get a few started on match-day, no point bleddy moaning it does nothing but put people off, which is why Home Park is back to being the ghost town it was a few years ago, because youngsters were told their efforts weren't wanted.

Mar 29, 2011
A drum isn't the answer. If you want to chant, a drum isn't required. There isn't a drum at away games and and atmosphere can be created, why would we need one at home?

Just to be clear, this goes to the whole ground and isn't aimed at the Devonport End.

Jul 12, 2011
Mountwise Plymouth
Ollieargyle9":3ns1zyeu said:
Same goes for those who rubbished Forza Verde a year or so ago, a group of well meaning youngsters got up and gave it a go only to be abused for doing so. Now the idea has pretty much died a death but amazingly the moaners are still here only they're no longer attacking a group of young fans for singing and being "cringey" they're attacking the group of young fans for giving up on the singing, fantastic :doh:

The football on the pitch doesn't help spirits of course it doesn't but I thought the point of singing was to will the team forwards. Really, if the team aren't playing well, what we should be doing is singing louder, not shutting up altogether.

If people want an atmosphere at Home Park, only they can create it. There's no point demanding more from vocal fans whilst simulatneously bemoaning those vocal fans and labelling them as cringey, if you don't like the songs they sing come up with your own, get 'em posted on here or get a few started on match-day, no point bleddy moaning it does nothing but put people off, which is why Home Park is back to being the ghost town it was a few years ago, because youngsters were told their efforts weren't wanted.

Exactly dammed if you do and dammed if you dont.

Would be interesting to see where the people sit that are moaning about no atmosphere as the majority of the Lyndhurst and the Grandstand is like being in parliament with the amount of groans you hear.

C

Cobi Budge.

I actually agree.

I stand at the back of block 3 & it really is dead without a drum. A drum gets an atmosphere going even when the game is dreadful.

Sep 28, 2003
London
Never needed a drum when we were good.

Don't need a drum now - it's on the same level as the cheerleaders for me, tacky crap.

Add to that, the sheer gall and ignorance of the drummer trying to drown out chants he doesn't agree with - get rid of the thing.

Jun 23, 2011
Plymouth
I thought the drum was awful. The atmosphere is crap because of the 5 years of poor football and the lack of any long term belief that we are capable of regaining our place in the Championship. No hope = no atmosphere.

Nov 2, 2004
The Devenport end seems to be losing fans at a faster rate than anywhere else.It must be hard to create any noise with so few fans.Not sure why but the young are deserting much quicker than us oldies.Mind you I have almost had enough,it really has reached the pits when we win and I go home peed off.Talking to the remaining loyal around me and there is general disbelief at how bad the football is.We are all in the 40-60 yr age group been and going all our lives,only habit is keeping us there.

Nov 4, 2012
Regardless of what anyone on here says, a drummer certainly helps the atmosphere. It was certainly better last season than it has been this. The Exeter game was pretty decent but that aside it's been non-existent.

Jul 29, 2010
No drum on earth could have overcome the fare on offer on Saturday.

No thanks. Fans will make their own atmosphere when the mood compels them to do so. The team needs to get them out of their seats more often, get them excited more often. The best atmospheres are spontaneous, organic.

As Andy H said, drums are right up there with cheerleaders, awful enforced jollyment. Just like that bespectacled bald baffoon and his spotty jumper at half time, it makes me LESS inclined to be 'jolly' not more inclined.

Nov 4, 2012
Perhaps the club could do something to encourage more of a congregation in the Devonport, I noticed on the latest Matchday moments the massive gaps in the Devonport End.