Exeter City FC may need another PFA loan | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Exeter City FC may need another PFA loan

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Good news and I don't care whether that sounds callous.

The six toed in-breeds up the road have a far too easy ride from us as it is. Another PFA loan now will put paid to them replacing Alex Nichols, the one spark that produced their mini revival. Apparently, they give away £3000 worth of tickets for every home game which equates to what, 100 tickets and even with freebies no-one wants to attend. Can't wait till February when we smash them at Sid James Park and put them in their place.

As you say, on the day when we announce we're on the way to breaking even.. Good news all around.

C

Cobi Budge.

I never want to see a club struggle like this....oh except for Exeter & to a lesser degree Stevenage.

Exeter just can't get attendances up even when they give away tickets. Punched above their weight significantly & have had an easy ride for too long. Saying that, how do clubs like Morecambe or Accrington do it? I suppose it does highlight the vast limitations of being a trust owned club.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Cobi Budge.":a9ad7hiw said:
I never want to see a club struggle like this....oh except for Exeter & to a lesser degree Stevenage.

Exeter just can't get attendances up even when they give away tickets. Punched above their weight significantly & have had an easy ride for too long. Saying that, how do clubs like Morecambe or Accrington do it? I suppose it does highlight the vast limitations of being a trust owned club.

Here we go again. What have Stevenage fans done for Argyle supporters to wish such things on a tiny club?

pilgrimmike1

R.I.P
Oct 5, 2010
oggieland
Cobi Budge.":2287a14v said:

You edited your post Cobi stating the chickens are coming home to roost but it's the curses that come home to roost in the saying and one that comes true all to often. We still have a balloon payment to sort out and allthough we now have the £800,000 Pcc loan in place no agreement has been reached with the creditors as far as I am aware so it is not to far fetched to say we could still find ourselves in a financial meltdown and should not wish it on any other club, not even six toes up the road. More than happy to seem the stuggle at the bottom of L2 and would even let out a well ment snigger if they got relagated but we should be careful what we wish for :problem: :scarf:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I wish all things bad on ECFC but only footballing ones not financial strife.

It should always be remembered there are some really good blokes that support the Grecians and far better them than the plastic, glory hunting types that walk around our respective Cities.

Good luck to them I say, as long as they cut their cloth accordingly, football is a far better place for having Exeter City that not having it.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
pilgrimmike1":xsz6ssar said:
Cobi Budge.":xsz6ssar said:

You edited your post Cobi stating the chickens are coming home to roost but it's the curses that come home to roost in the saying and one that comes true all to often. We still have a balloon payment to sort out and allthough we now have the £800,000 Pcc loan in place no agreement has been reached with the creditors as far as I am aware so it is not to far fetched to say we could still find ourselves in a financial meltdown and should not wish it on any other club, not even six toes up the road. More than happy to seem the stuggle at the bottom of L2 and would even let out a well ment snigger if they got relagated but we should be careful what we wish for :problem: :scarf:

I agree with all you say but having seen the glee from up there with every little bump (and big crashes ) I feel a time out from being pleasant and hope this seriously crimps their ability to perform on the pitch and that once down they have the sense to stay down.

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
Funny that this comes to light on the day that MS is quoted in the Herald that Argyle hopes to break even this season. :scarf:

Apr 1, 2009
Ade the green":nsphrbkp said:
Mike Greening":nsphrbkp said:
Funny that this comes to light on the day that MS is quoted in the Herald that Argyle hopes to break even this season. :scarf:

I know... Good timing or what? :funny: :funny: :whistle:

"Hopes to"... let's see if that actually happens. Even if it does happen, we need more as we need profit to pay off our debts. As a club that is taking out a loan to pay some of its debts (always a last resort option), we're hardly in a healthy position ourselves. Isn't it a little early to be rejoicing in the misfortunes of others (even Exeter)?

Jul 6, 2005
On the field Exeter City are our no 1 rivals.

However, they are another football team in financial problems like we were a few years ago. Don't forget we are not totally out of it now.

There are so few teams in the South West that to lose another would be a disaster.

Banter is ok but do not forget the number of ordinary supporters and young families that support their local team just like the ones in Plymouth.

Therefore, on the pitch stuff them but off the pitch just keep up the banter.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
xmastree":2vy5oham said:
Ade the green":2vy5oham said:
Mike Greening":2vy5oham said:

I know... Good timing or what? :funny: :whistle:

"Hopes to"... let's see if that actually happens. Even if it does happen, we need more as we need profit to pay off our debts. As a club that is taking out a loan to pay some of its debts (always a last resort option), we're hardly in a healthy position ourselves. Isn't it a little early to be rejoicing in the misfortunes of others (even Exeter)?

Absolutely correct.

As, I suppose is jumping on the news story of our striker being arrested for affray and acting as judge, jury and executor. Such is the reasoning behind supporting a team with bitter rivals, sometimes you just gotta say WTF. :scarf:

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Sherborne_Green":x646041t said:
On the field Exeter City are our no 1 rivals.

However, they are another football team in financial problems like we were a few years ago. Don't forget we are not totally out of it now.

There are so few teams in the South West that to lose another would be a disaster.

Banter is ok but do not forget the number of ordinary supporters and young families that support their local team just like the ones in Plymouth.

Therefore, on the pitch stuff them but off the pitch just keep up the banter.

You wouldn't get away with a similar post on Exeweb comrade.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Xmas, I agree with you about the 'hope to' bit, but I'd much, much rather be where we are than they are, on almost every level.

I think anyone could be forgiven for thinking 'thank God it's not us' {Apart from Steve Evans of course}.