200 up for Super Luke | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

200 up for Super Luke

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
If selected :) Luke McCormick will make his 200th appearance for Argyle against Carlisle tomorrow. :clap:

I remember him making his debut as a raw 17-year old and watched him progress into a title winning keeper and now one of the best (if not the best) keepers in League Two.

S

Schmidler98

We as the green army need to give him a big reception today , he is and always will be one of us. :)

Liam Vercoe

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 27, 2010
Schmidler98":3uplo7jl said:
We as the green army need to give him a big reception today , he is and always will be one of us. :)

Agreed! Hope the crowd is in good voice today, just for a chant of "Super Luke"!

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Mar 23, 2008
Well done Luke, key to our success in marshaling the defence and must be a dream to play in front of.

L

lambanog

Womble":2w64w00h said:
I wont be singing "super luke".

So why is that my friend, wrong time of the month? or you cannot forgive a person who has served time for an offense that was not premitaded.? I think it fair to say, that you are either an angel or a very lucky person, that you have been totally free of legal actions against you, and that comes down to sheer luck.

He has done his time, that of course hurt him and his family, but they stood by him, you now see a keeper in plymouth colors, who has more times than once proven himself on the pitch. Work and pleasure don't mix, and I believe Luke knows this a lot better than you do.

Sentence served, a new clean sheet should be accepted !

Jun 23, 2011
Plymouth
I wonder how the kids parent feel about the hero worship ond the singing of super luke? aHe should make a living after being released, but the super luke nonsense and the appointment as club captain makes me feel very uncomfortable..

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Womble":3b5xoge2 said:
I wonder how the kids parent feel about the hero worship ond the singing of super luke? aHe should make a living after being released, but the super luke nonsense and the appointment as club captain makes me feel very uncomfortable..

On the Ched Evans thread, you state that a sentence served is adequate punishment (not a direct quote so apologise if I've misinterpreted your gist). As the same has been allowed for LM should he not also have the opportunity to better himself? If he were a cleaner before, should he never be allowed to supervise?

What if after he stops playing, LM decides to coach or is a youth am coach/manager, should all avenues of employment and advancement be open to ex-offenders?

Jul 29, 2010
(Thread veering off topic to an age old, done to death, everyone has their stance, no-one's gonna change opinion impasse alert).

This is a thread marking the 200th appearance of an Argyle player so to paraphrase the Sex Pistols..... "never mind the boll*cks" if applauding the man is too much for anyone, then just applaud the achievement.

:clap:

Jun 8, 2014
Verte":skigfm4k said:
Luke is an Argyle legend. Best keeper outside the PL.

Lets not go to over the top - but he is excellent. Easily best in this league, and I'd bet one of the best in League One. Probably a decent Championship keeper right now - and I don't think that's exaggeration at all!

It seems with every game he plays, he gets a little bit better. Top marks.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Verte":1l6u2p9f said:
Luke is an Argyle legend. Best keeper outside the PL.

Not sure how you come to that conclusion. Less than half his 200 appearances were in the Championship, where he hardly set the world alight.

Where would he be had he not had his sabbatical? At 6'0" he is probably too short for the Premier League unless he got there with a promoted club because I think someone in the NC/SBC might have taken a chance on him as Argyle slipped to League One.