And Now you Gonna Believe Us !!!! | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

And Now you Gonna Believe Us !!!!

Mar 27, 2013
BIDEFORD NORTH DEVON
13 Games into the season we are 5TH !!!

4 WINS back to back !!!

Another Clean sheet by Super Luke

And notice the 1-0 Wins

Building nicely for Promotion !!!!

Getting exciting I may be but it's lovely to see My Argyle challenging for promotion again

Good Times Are Coming Back !!!!

#WeAreGoingUp :scarf: :thumbs:

P

Paul_Roberts

We're only three clean sheets away from matching our total for the whole of last season, which is just as well seeing as we're not exactly banging the goals in.

I think it's pretty obvious which area of the team Sheridan realised needed strengthening over the summer, and he looks to have done a blinding job of it so far.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
We're not there yet.

Still dropping too deep and still in need of that second goal to protect ourselves.

All the same, a wins a win and very welcome but not fully convinced that we can continue like this for the test of the season and still get promoted.

Mar 8, 2009
Hampshire
Tugboat":255qcfqj said:
We're not there yet.

Still dropping too deep and still in need of that second goal to protect ourselves.

All the same, a wins a win and very welcome but not fully convinced that we can continue like this for the test of the season and still get promoted.

I heard a lot of people say that but you have to accept a losing team to come at you, and for every time the ball bounced around and our hearts were in our mouths, our defence remained solid and got the ball away.

No side in our league have conceded less goals than us.

Feb 25, 2011
Saltash
soccerpilgrim":3p8m7zmi said:
Tugboat":3p8m7zmi said:
We're not there yet.

I heard a lot of people say that but you have to accept a losing team to come at you, and for every time the ball bounced around and our hearts were in our mouths, our defence remained solid and got the ball away.

What do you mean by "a losing team"?

Tonight, for the first time, I feel that promotion is a real possibility. However, there is a long way to go yet. Let's not get too carried away!

We are doing a lot of things well and have improved in a number of ways. However, there are also a number of things which we need to continue to work on. Let's not forget that. Today was encouraging in many respects but we are not the finished article just yet.

Mar 8, 2009
Hampshire
Phil Sloggett":c59bh312 said:
soccerpilgrim":c59bh312 said:
Tugboat":c59bh312 said:
We're not there yet.

The team that are behind in the game. Carlisle were always going to push for an equaliser and our job is simply to stop them getting it and we did just that.

Feb 25, 2011
Saltash
soccerpilgrim":3d8e424y said:
Phil Sloggett":3d8e424y said:
soccerpilgrim":3d8e424y said:
Tugboat":3d8e424y said:
We're not there yet.

The team that are behind in the game. Carlisle were always going to push for an equaliser and our job is simply to stop them getting it and we did just that.

Indeed we did. I'm not convinced that falling back so deep is always the best way to go though. That said, it worked today, as it did last weekend. Perhaps we don't have the quality to "go for the jugular" just yet.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Phil Sloggett":1xdzj0wt said:
soccerpilgrim":1xdzj0wt said:
Phil Sloggett":1xdzj0wt said:
soccerpilgrim":1xdzj0wt said:
Tugboat":1xdzj0wt said:
We're not there yet.

Indeed we did. I'm not convinced that falling back so deep is always the best way to go though. That said, it worked today, as it did last weekend. Perhaps we don't have the quality to "go for the jugular" just yet.

'Losing' teams are always going to push for an equaliser when they are only 1-0 down away to a team that is sitting back and inviting pressure.
The 'winning' team has the upper hand after they have scored and should throw everything at the 'losing' team whilst they are disorganised.
When the 'winning' team knocks in the second and third home goals without response it is much easier to ensure the 'losing' team remains what it says on the tin!! :facepalm:

Aug 15, 2008
I tell you what we have a strong bench too. The first xi are doing great but the options from the bench are strong too.

I thought today we looked like the players are believing in each other and are playing as a team.

Sheridan deserves a pat on the back for a good start and I am pleased to be eating humble pie after I said he wasn't doing it for us. Now where's my fork....

C

Cobi Budge.

I'm delighted Sheridan is proving me wrong, however I get the feeling some are a little disappointed with our start because predictions about Shez haven't come true.

Keep it up JS, just continues the positivity from the meet the manager event in midweek :scarf:

P

Paul_Roberts

What happens if City don't let us keep Reid?

His arrival pretty much coincided with our upturn in form, and we don't really have anyone else on the books who can do a similar job (Harvey is still learning his trade, and Sheridan has pinned Banton down as a left winger).

Jul 3, 2013
It doesn't take a genius to realise the club on and off the field have been improving gradually over the last 2 years, we just have too many fans that have only ever know good times before our demise.