Credit where credits due | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Credit where credits due

Aug 24, 2011
For Sheridan

He spotted and managed to sign three new defenders and has stuck by them all season. When you change three of your four backline it's a risk for the following season but now we have the best defence in the league! Just 8 conceded all season is awesome I think and the fact they have gelled well enough so quickly gives us such an edge for promotion....let's do it!!

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
To his credit he did exactly the same with Reid when he first came here and was struggling for the first dozen games. He stuck by him and now we are seeing his confidence grow and the goals flow.

Aug 24, 2011
In fact if you include super luke as a back signing it's four.I know lukes the best keeper in the league but the defence have to make a difference too.

J

just_ste

Yep hes done really well with those signings,they look even better in the 352

Mar 23, 2008
Not a Sheridan fan but as the heading says, credit where it's due at the moment we are in a good spot. He's bought in sone good players and utilised his budget to good effect. For me Wotton as a coach and Hartley as a vocal centre half are two shrewd moves.

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
Luke has somehow came back from his finger injury even better than before and he was a good League Two keeper even last season.

Nelson has matured into a defender who seems to put in a fantastic 8 out of 10 game every week. Hartley is as cool as a cucumber and makes every player around him improve. McHugh is that impossible thing- a leaping, jumping, Coughlan/Trotman/Timar esque stopper AND a passing defender all in one.

I was very young when we had that amazing defence in the 2003/4 title winning season- but this is undoubtedly the best our defence has been since then in relation to the league we are in. You just genuinely don't for a second feel that we're going to concede a goal with three at the back and that's an exhilarating feeling.

J

just_ste

Ive been anti Sheridan for a while,I always felt hes done quite well in the transfer market but just never makes the best of the players once hes signed them,but cant fault him today,we played good passing football and defended well when we had too,and his subs were spot on,I thought Smalley looked great when he came on,dare I say it but he looked alot more lively then Reid and deserves a chance up front I feel.

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
The thing Reid gave us today was the space he created for other players. He was double marked even more than usual which created oodles of space for Alessandra who had enough chances to get a hat trick if his finishing was a bit better. We probably wouldn't feel the benefit of that if we started Smalley.

He did well when he came on though, no denying it.

J

just_ste

GreenSam":2sper3ja said:
The thing Reid gave us today was the space he created for other players. He was double marked even more than usual which created oodles of space for Alessandra who had enough chances to get a hat trick if his finishing was a bit better. We probably wouldn't feel the benefit of that if we started Smalley.

He did well when he came on though, no denying it.
Yea im not saying drop Reid or anything,just saying id like to see more of Smalley,he impressed me today

pilgrimmike1

R.I.P
Oct 5, 2010
oggieland
GreenSam":2d2p7lqe said:
Luke has somehow came back from his finger injury even better than before and he was a good League Two keeper even last season.

Nelson has matured into a defender who seems to put in a fantastic 8 out of 10 game every week. Hartley is as cool as a cucumber and makes every player around him improve. McHugh is that impossible thing- a leaping, jumping, Coughlan/Trotman/Timar esque stopper AND a passing defender all in one.

I was very young when we had that amazing defence in the 2003/4 title winning season- but this is undoubtedly the best our defence has been since then in relation to the league we are in. You just genuinely don't for a second feel that we're going to concede a goal with three at the back and that's an exhilarating feeling.

That should be amazing team Sam, the differance was we had Graham Coughlan leading the back line who also use to contribute a good amount of goals himself. Nelson will never be as uncomprimising as cocko but if he could bring a few goals from corners etc I doubt we could keep hold of him.

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
It certainly was an amazing team but was just focusing on the defence angle in this thread.

Agreed Nelson will never be an uncompromising Cocko type- I think that's McHugh's mould.