Something is Missing. | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Something is Missing.

A good league table position and we're getting the points although inconsistently but crowds at home park still remain on the average side also a lack of atmosphere despite our league position, is it lack of belief we could actually get promotion this season or the way we are playing :roll:

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
I don't think it's fair calling people plastics but crowds should start increasing soon giving the recent run of results.

It's only natural that people with an intrest in argyle want to be a part of something good.

I'd love to see an 8k crowd reward the club and players.

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
There'll be the simply pleased who equate their football brand's good results with their own well being.
But for the majority it'll be about two hours of entertainment.
And is that overwhelmingly apparent in the 1-0 hold-onto-anything football on offer, admirable though it is after the last five years of 60% effort football we've had.
Thank god the Argyle public are not so fickle as to be flocking back until something a little more convincing is displayed. And hopefully it will be.

Aug 15, 2008
It was a good atmosphere yesterday. The Demport was bouncing for most of the game. Lyndhurst was not so loud from where I was.

Feb 25, 2011
Saltash
Given our home form over the past few seasons it cannot be expected that the atmosphere will be amazing again straight away (turning an oil tanker springs to mind!). The Green Army have been through a lot and seen some pretty dire football. However, hopefully it looks like that may be set to change.

If we continue to win like we did yesterday then it won't be long before more and more fans are starting to believe again and Home Park will be rocking again in no time!

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
GreenArmy57":10s8mi2y said:
A good league table position and we're getting the points although inconsistently but crowds at home park still remain on the average side also a lack of atmosphere despite our league position, is it lack of belief we could actually get promotion this season or the way we are playing :roll:
It's been hard supporting Argyle for the last 5 or 6 seasons, a lot of worry and virtually nothing to smile about apart from getting the better of the likes of Hereford, Aldershot, Barnet and Macclesfield to keep our Football League status.

As such, most realistic fans are keeping their feet on the ground at the moment and are still very cautious about how the season will pan out. Our season effectively ended last year when we actually got into the top seven, 5 days later we were sliding back down the table and into mid-table mediocrity.

We have had a reasonable start to the season but we have only played 13 games and it's only mid-October. There are teams in the top half who will probably end up fighting relegation and vice versa, so it's far too early to get too excited, although it is far nicer being in the top six rather than the bottom six.

If we are still were we are now come Xmas and beyond, the fans will start to believe and get excited and that's when the crowds will increase.

Remember, Plymouthians like nothing better than a passing bandwagon which they can jump on.

I just hope that Sports Soccer in Plymouth report a fall off in the sale of Chelsea shirts come Xmas, that would be as good an indication as any that things are happening.

C

Cobi Budge.

Whilst I'm delighted and excited about where we are, I do agree there's something missing.

To be honest I think it just stems from a desperation to get out of this appalling league.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
5000 fans or 5000 plastics?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
You decide. I always get told off. :greensmile:

'Argyle 'til I die'..............?

Nov 22, 2006
I would love to go to Argyle every saturday, unfortunately I have a job that requires me to work 90% of saturdays, doesn't make me any less of a fan than people who do.

Dec 2, 2010
There are so many factors in this, but we are one of the poorest supported clubs in the country when it comes to attendances : population.

The only way to change that in the long run is success on the pitch and people believing we are contenders come New Year.