Changes for Saturday........ | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Changes for Saturday........

Aug 15, 2008
Give them day off tomorrow. Training Thursday and go from there. We have options for the first time in a long time. We got subs that would be first team in most squads.

Apr 1, 2009
Sometimes think people want to make changes for the sake of it. Or for something to talk about.

Of course players are tired tonight. What matters is if they are jaded come Saturday. Decent result tonight, so minimal changes if any.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Successful and confident players don't get jaded. Leave well alone especially at the back.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
I can see no point in changing any of the back five. Possibly Sheridan might want to freshen up a couple of positions further forward for a home game against different opponents and he will have a good idea during the week who might benefit from a rest or not

C

Cobi Budge.

Reuben needs to step up, looked off lately, a passenger during games, seems to have lost his energy he had at the start of the season, maybe the arrest is getting to him. Needs to contribute more as we aren't offering a lot going forward right now, I'm certainly not saying drop him but he needs to be careful with Smalley knocking on the door.

Hopefully just a dip in form soon to be recovered.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
Steve.PAFC2012":2xnygrpu said:
I would bring Cox back in providing he is fit enough to play.

Awesome ball winning midfielder IMO

Agreed, he was certainly brilliant on Saturday and seems to be finding his form this year. The problem is, who for? We'd have to either drop one from Blizzard, Reid or O'Connor or drop Kellet/Mellor and push O'Connor back to full-back.

Amazingly we seem to have so many players playing well for a change that we will probably have to start one of our good players from the bench on Saturday. When was the last time we had that problem?

Mar 29, 2011
In no way did the players look jaded. If anything, I was delighted with how fit we looked. Right throught the 90 we looked confident and assured.

W

Wilfredo

Cobi Budge.":sh3athi7 said:
Reuben needs to step up, looked off lately, a passenger during games, seems to have lost his energy he had at the start of the season, maybe the arrest is getting to him. Needs to contribute more as we aren't offering a lot going forward right now, I'm certainly not saying drop him but he needs to be careful with Smalley knocking on the door.

Hopefully just a dip in form soon to be recovered.

Agree with these comments, don't think the arrest has had any impact. I think he's got a tad lazy compared to his early season efforts. A kick up the proverbial might do him good :whistle:

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
Cobi Budge.":acyx1cvg said:
Teams are targeting him and putting all their efforts into marking him out of the game - nothing to do with a dip in form on his part.

We need to continue to show that other attacking players can step up to the plate - we were such a one man team in terms of attacking players at the start of this season - a bit less so now and that needs to carry on.

Feb 21, 2011
Dan Ellard":3f4mp1q2 said:
Cobi Budge.":3f4mp1q2 said:
Teams are targeting him and putting all their efforts into marking him out of the game - nothing to do with a dip in form on his part.

We need to continue to show that other attacking players can step up to the plate - we were such a one man team in terms of attacking players at the start of this season - a bit less so now and that needs to carry on.
agree with this ^^