FA Cup - home to AFC Fylde. Reduced ticket prices

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
We are ball number 33 for the draw for the First Round of the FA Cup.
The draw is on Monday at 7pm on BBC2, matches to be played 8th, 9th and 10th November.

We could even feature on a live TV game although that would be Saturday evening or Monday evening on BT Sport.

P

Paul_Roberts

It'd be good to get an away tie at a non-league club and bury the demons of Stourbridge and Dorchester.

Apart from those two I've got pretty good memories of away trips to non-league clubs, and it'd be good to relive some of those without the embarrassment and disgrace that comes with losing!

L

localboy

Bristol city at home for me, would pull in a good gate with a big away following, slip out after a decent performence and concentrate on the league

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Paul_Roberts":3qhh4kfu said:
It'd be good to get an away tie at a non-league club and bury the demons of Stourbridge and Dorchester.

Apart from those two I've got pretty good memories of away trips to non-league clubs, and it'd be good to relive some of those without the embarrassment and disgrace that comes with losing!

Whitby, Dagenham .... :oops:

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
Paul_Roberts":1kg0ra2f said:

We had one last season and we still only drew

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Pasties and Cider":2g3dm5gn said:
Paul_Roberts":2g3dm5gn said:

Whitby, Dagenham .... :oops:
Dagenham got the better of us but at least we drew at Whitby and beat them in the replay. Always remember the Chairman and a director of Whitby greeting us at the turnstile. Nice touch for a small club.

P

Paul_Roberts

GreenSam":1pnid5vi said:
Paul_Roberts":1pnid5vi said:

We had one last season and we still only drew

Won the replay, though.

P&C, the Dagenham trip was horrible, but at least they were an up-and-coming Conference side at the time. And Whitby was a great away day, and another one where we won the replay.

I'm talking about Slough, Marlow, Dorking, Kingstonian etc. For me, that's what the FA Cup is all about. Bristol City at home? No thanks!

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
As above I'd prefer a non-league club at home, we could do with surviving a couple of rounds and earning a bit of extra cash as a result. If we're lucky we could be knocked out by one of the big clubs at their place (after a well earned draw at Home Park to maximise our earnings :greensmile: ).

If we are to be knocked out first round though, I'd rather it was on the road against a relatively larger League 1 club, although not quite the same as a trip to Old Trafford or the Emirates in round 3 it should still be a nice little earner.

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
I think punching some club finance projections into excel could be the one thing duller than being so bored as to watch a cup draw occur.

Away, new ground. Inevitably another 0-0. All part of the romance.

Oct 17, 2011
Plymouth
With serious cash to be won, and being short of same , I would hope to go as far as possible .
First Round Proper winners (40) £18,000
Second Round Proper winners (20) £27,000
Third Round Proper winners (32) £67,500
Fourth Round Proper winners (16) £90,000
Fifth Round Proper winners (8) £180,000
Sixth Round Proper winners (4) £360,000
Semi-Final winners (2) £900,000
Semi-Final losers (2) £450,000
Final runners-up (1) £900,000
Final winners (1) £1,800,000

C

Cobi Budge.

localboy":23mxihce said:
Bristol city at home for me, would pull in a good gate with a big away following, slip out after a decent performence and concentrate on the league

I don't really understand that logic.

Bristol City isn't a big tie at all, I've seen us play them home and away many times, if we consider that to be a big game then I think it shows how far we've sunk, a big game is Arsenal, Chelsea etc.

I've got no problem with slipping out of the League cup or even the JPT and concentrating on the league, but the FA cup is a prestigious tournament and one I always like to see us give a good go.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
At this stage of a cup competition I think it is perverse to wish for anything other than a home game against the weakest possible opposition. Once a significant proportion of the teams in the draw are, on paper, stronger than us, then I would switch to wanting a home game against strong opposition because at that point the likelihood is that we would be knocked out so we might as well be knocked out by a big club and on TV.