Evening Herald Website. | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Evening Herald Website.

Aug 15, 2008
I often used to use it for Argyle news and bits of information. But it is now unusable. There are adverts thrown at you and taking over the screen and then when you try and watch an interview you get 2 or 3 other things talking over it.
It is a shambolic website.

Sort it out!!!!!!!!!!!!

:furious:

C

Cobi Budge.

I completely agree, its dreadful.

Sometimes I'm on my laptop listening to music, I go on to the Herald website & all I get is 3 or 4 different things playing over each other at full volume advertising crap I don't want, you can't read 2 lines of an article without a pop up.

It's even worse than our OS.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
It's definitely a challenge to read an article before something pops up. It's not user friendly so I guess readers must be turning away in their droves.

Mar 30, 2006
Horsedowns, Cornwall
Totally agree. I don't give a crap about Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles or some old person's car....

I get that print media is a challenge now, so website revenues are becoming important - but I'm today at the tipping point, where I'll start to completely avoid the Erald' site.

16 adverts presented on the "Argyle section" page.
29 on an article page.

Seriously? Put one advert on there and I'll click it once a day, if only it stops these bloody adverts.

Oh, and don't even get me started on the the "sound/video" adverts too. Dressed up as a "football news" feature...

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
It's not just their site. Many local news sites use the same generic format and these too are plaqued with the same issues.

PS. How long has it been since they dropped the "Evening" from the title? It must be years.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
I often have BBC 6 O'Clock News on (like now) and Mrs Pogle is listening too. When you click on a site and get some t*ssy commentator screaming over a video it is just disconcerting if not bliddy annoying!! :furious:
If I want a video i'll go on youtube (others are available) I just want to read!!

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Bleedy hell LC, we're hardly going to moan about the Swindon Advertiser or the Manchester Bugle are we?

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
IJN":3iq95hr3 said:
Bleedy hell LC, we're hardly going to moan about the Swindon Advertiser or the Manchester Bugle are we?

The point being their website isn't a bespoke model for them to tidy up.

.... Oh, and I am told it hasn't been the Evenimg Herald for eight years. How time flies.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Lundan Cabbie":2a62d9sd said:
IJN":2a62d9sd said:

The point being their website isn't a bespoke model for them to tidy up.

.... Oh, and I am told it hasn't been the Evenimg Herald for eight years. How time flies.

and before that it was the Evening Herald?? :think:

tonsk

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 19, 2003
Plymouth
www.dastardlys.co.uk
(I'm)Stranded":uukpojk9 said:
At work it's totally unusable, but at home my tech savvy son has installed 'Adblock', and we never get any ads on any site! marvellous

Yep, adblockplus does the job! It's an 'add-on' in Firefox.

tonsk

Aug 15, 2008
To me it always will be The Evening Herald. It is such a shame its a dogs dinner on the Web. I will install ad block or its Chrome equivalent.

I was just watching Sheridan in interview and there were 2 other voices talking over it - and I had paused another. Then a giant turtle blocked the whole page...... Yeah that is going to make me want to see a film isn't it?

I hope someone who reads Pasoti like Errington shows them this thread. I am not alone in my anger. If you are left alone to browse a page at your leisure and not get bombarded by crap you will stay there longer and no doubt browse other stuff and may even get influenced by an advert.

At the moment it is like an overly pushy sales assistant in a shop that you want to punch in the mouth.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Absolute dogpoo website.