Good time to play Burton - Rowett off to Birmingham City? | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Good time to play Burton - Rowett off to Birmingham City?

BHS

Oct 6, 2008
Liverpool (Skelmersdale)
Get in Argyle another win. We want the winning streak to continue as long as possible, looking at our fixture list I started to worry about our next 2 games, next Saturday its Burton away, very tricky.
However Birmingham City have made an approach for Rowett.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29722999

I do rate Rowett as a good up and coming manager and has made the most of a small team and playing budget. If he does move on this may well upset their team spirit for the game. Sheridan needs to keep the team focussed for this one, a win would see us "leap-frog" them in the table!
Then its Portsmouth a win against them would definitely see us push on and cement an automatic spot going into christmas.

Nov 4, 2012
After their thumping today I expect an appointment to be made before next saturday. Would unsettle the team a bit surely.

BHS

Oct 6, 2008
Liverpool (Skelmersdale)
Hughton does seem the front runner with the fans, would he go back?
Birmingham City are in real dire financial problems, there situation would suit the appointment of an up and coming manager like Rowett. Who definitely knows how to work on a shoe string budget.
I agree its all Ifs buts and maybes, so lets just go up to Burton and destroy them!

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
I'd like to think we're at that stage in terms of team performance, attainment and application when we should not be unduly worried about the opposition. That's not to say we won't be beaten again this season but that we have the strengths to not make a crisis out of it.

Anyway, with 9 clean sheets already this year, our opponents have to be good to get one past us.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
If Rowett wants to go then let us hope he takes a week to decide. My concern is that some manager-less teams have a habit of playing well with the players trying to impress the new man, who is often already in the stand watching his potential new charges. Didn't work for Birmingham though! But I agree with Ade's sentiments -irrespective of who is in charge at Burton, for the first time in a very long time teams will be concerned that we are their next opponents.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Rowett would be putting a noose around his neck going there, any manager would be. Financially they're in the shitter. Rowett's built up a good reputation as a young lower league manager who can work well on a budget, but he's not established himself with any true accolades on his C.V.

If it fails for him at Birmingham, as I suspect it will for any manager, then how does he recover his career? He'd likely have to go back to a coaching role and work his way up again. Whereas he could stick with Burton, with increased chances of getting a promotion down by his name and then maybe work his way up the ladder.

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
Let's hope he takes Summerfield and other members of the back room staff as well.

Sorry to sound so heartless but it's actually a back-handed compliment in that we never seem to get anything from them home or away and come the end of the season, under Rowlett you know they would have been there or thereabouts and genuine Promotion candidates.

Their players and fans will be feeling pretty despondent this week, we have to take advantage.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Waraqah":2fhluoy7 said:
He's certainly going in at the deep end - local derby away to Wolves, who are equal top on points, for his first game.

Anyway, let's hope Argyle can take advantage of his leaving on Saturday. :scarf:

Probably Rowett in the unique position of being able to lose his first games by 5 or 6 and still claim that results are improving! :)

memory man":kx3kbwee said:
If Rowett wants to go then let us hope he takes a week to decide. My concern is that some manager-less teams have a habit of playing well with the players trying to impress the new man, who is often already in the stand watching his potential new charges. Didn't work for Birmingham though! But I agree with Ade's sentiments -irrespective of who is in charge at Burton, for the first time in a very long time teams will be concerned that we are their next opponents.
Agree with this. Look at Watford. Four managers this season, yet the results remain good, probably because of players anxious to prove themselves to the new boss.

mervyn":1qyinp9k said:
memory man":1qyinp9k said:
Agree with this. Look at Watford. Four managers this season, yet the results remain good, probably because of players anxious to prove themselves to the new boss.

Birmingham anyone? 8-0! haha