Banton | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Banton

B

Beercan

Today was a perfect opportunity for Banton to show us & the manager that he wants to play for PAFC. Unfortunately this was not the case. His first touch was a shocker, his second was a tackle. Every time he gave the ball away he just shrugged his shoulders and turned his back. He didn't show one bit of eagerness or enthusiasm to do well. And at the final whistle he just went straight to the tunnel, not a handshake to the opposition, acknowledgement to the crowd, nothing. Since he's been out of the side, we have kicked on, got in a couple of great loan signings in B.Reid & Kellet (who was my MOTM today). They show x 10 more effort than Banton has ever shown in a green shirt this season. What we should have seen today was him chasing everything. I honestly think he'll be gone in Jan. He is an individual and not a team player. Get rid.

B

Beercan

Beercan":1sv79c39 said:
Today was a perfect opportunity for Banton to show us & the manager that he wants to play for PAFC. Unfortunately this was not the case. His first touch was a shocker, his second was a tackle. Every time he gave the ball away he just shrugged his shoulders and turned his back. He didn't show one bit of eagerness or enthusiasm to do well. And at the final whistle he just went straight to the tunnel, not a handshake to the opposition, acknowledgement to the crowd, nothing. Since he's been out of the side, we have kicked on, got in a couple of great loan signings in B.Reid & Kellet (who was my MOTM today). They show x 10 more effort than Banton has ever shown in a green shirt this season. What we should have seen today was him chasing everything. I honestly think he'll be gone in Jan. He is an individual and not a team player. Get rid.

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
On the pitch for 10 minutes. Set up 2 very good chances. Not only that, but once he played a team-mate in he got into a good position and should have been given the ball back.

Give the man a flaming break, he's been shoved on the wing all season which isn't his position, and he finally got a chance up top today and did well. If you want to give a player some flack today, I'd suggest a Mr Smalley...

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
He is not in form but at least we've seen jB do 'it' at some stage in a green shirt. Unlike Smalley or Morgan. Smalley resembles a Fletcher signing, that bad.

Nov 4, 2012
I think this is a bit needless, i thought he did alright when he came on and had Smalley got his head up he would surely have got a goal.

Mar 23, 2008
Not his biggest fan but he did ok today and not a day to single out individual players for negative criticism when there were so many positives.

Feb 21, 2011
And the prize for over the top pointless OP goes too .........Beercan, take a bow son.

Jun 8, 2014
Dan Ellard":2bcjn02i said:
On the pitch for 10 minutes. Set up 2 very good chances. Not only that, but once he played a team-mate in he got into a good position and should have been given the ball back.

Give the man a flaming break, he's been shoved on the wing all season which isn't his position, and he finally got a chance up top today and did well. If you want to give a player some flack today, I'd suggest a Mr Smalley...

Gary_Wills":2bcjn02i said:
He is not in form but at least we've seen jB do 'it' at some stage in a green shirt. Unlike Smalley or Morgan. Smalley resembles a Fletcher signing, that bad.

This for me. Mostly Smalley - terrible today. Banton gets hugely criticised for not tracking back but Smalley loses the ball every time he gets it, doesn't track back, and no one blinks an eye. Weird. I would say what I've seen from Smalley is definitely bordering Fletcher-bad in terms of signing.

B

Beercan

I think you guys are living off the past. Yes he was exceptional during his first spell for us. But since he joined on a permanant deal he has been nothing short of disappointing. It's no fluke that we've kicked on without him in the side. Yes he's been played out of position, wide left & I disagree with Sheridan when he says Banton is a wide left player. However regardless of where the manager plays you, you cannot defend him for his lack of effort. When your touch isn't there you have to put in the effort. Supporters will always acknowledge that. You cannot say he has put in any kind of a performance this season?

Mar 14, 2009
Dan Ellard":1xddxnxw said:

This is totally how I feel.....

In fact dare I go onto say that I really want Banton to make it and I hope he does because out of the players we have in our squad he is one player that can do something a bit different.

Now his application are what people question. Some I guess would present a case but I feel its going to far. Today some have pointed out he went straight down the tunnel and didn't applaud the fans. Well at our last home game against Carlisle there were some players who did exactly the same thing after we won. I don't see a thread started about them?

Its annoying me. This guy is a confidence player. I'm not one to praise people lightly or give favourable opinion but this guy has some talent and he needs us, the fans, to actually get behind him. He is another that has been played out of position. He is a forward, not a left winger/midfield. You see what it has done for McHugh when played in his correct position. Banton did fine when he came on. One excellent dummy where he left the defender for dead.

I just hope he knows there are some fans out there that do still want him at the club and actually want him to succeed because they can see he has some natural talent that needs working on, but that he could be the difference in matches to be played later on in the season and actually help us win promotion!

Mar 8, 2009
Hampshire
I can often be the first to criticise his attitude and commitment but I really wanted him to come on today so I'm glad he did and up front too. There were a couple of moments where he did his usual attempt to beat 3 defenders and just ends up beating himself and falling over but his introduction was more effective than Smalley's for sure, and if it wasn't for Smalley's poor decision-making, Banton would've have had the ball pulled back to him about 10 yards from goal and that would've been a test of his quality.

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
The OP is utter nonsense and bang out of order.

Banton did OK when he came on and he probably would have scored if Smalley had teed him up, as he should have done.

I was calling for both Smalley and Banton and Sheridan duly brought them both on.

Smalley has done well recently when he has been given the chance but today he was poor.

He lost possession too often and in dropping off too deep, he was losing the ball around the halfway line.

But his unbelievable selfishness in not setting up Banton when he was unmarked in the centre of the goal just beyond the penalty spot was scandalous.

I hope he apologised to him after the match.

It was the only negative in an otherwise excellent display by the whole team, it's just a good thing it wasn't 1-1 or 1-0 to Cheltenham at that time.

Apr 30, 2011
Unbeaten in six, looking strongest we have done in years, tightest defence in the league .... and this the best someone can come up with. You're worse than my Mrs.