End Of Season Fancy dress | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

End Of Season Fancy dress

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
Was talking to my young lad today and he came up with an Idea I thought might make a great idea of a fancy dress trip.

He was telling me how he called his bucket of soldiers from the film Toy Story the green Army !

Imagine that a load of Argyle fans dressed as the bucket of soldiers from Toy Story Shouting Green Army !! would be hilarious and be more visual then the Thunderbird Monkey hangers !!

I just thought it was funny when he came out with it ! hes only 8

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
edengreen":21l2alm3 said:
Was talking to my young lad today and he came up with an Idea I thought might make a great idea of a fancy dress trip.

He was telling me how he called his bucket of soldiers from the film Toy Story the green Army !

Imagine that a load of Argyle fans dressed as the bucket of soldiers from Toy Story Shouting Green Army !! would be hilarious and be more visual then the Thunderbird Monkey hangers !!

I just thought it was funny when he came out with it ! hes only 8

Who have been doing this for a few seasons. Maybe we should think of something original.

Apr 28, 2013
That would be good, would get on sky especially if we were all running on celebrating promotion in our outfits! Haha

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I never got the fancy dress thing but the Hartlepool fans did look brilliant I must admit.

T

Tyhee_Slim

IJN":fofc51bp said:
I never got the fancy dress thing but the Hartlepool fans did look brilliant I must admit.

That's about right. The Hartlepool/monkey hanger thing shows a nice line in self deprecating humour. Anything else is just bleddy wet really. Fair play to the eight year old for the imagination, but 'eight year old' says it all really, and - like the 'songs' thread on here, it's just another example of Argyle fans copying other fans' ideas - usually badly.

Although it's preferable to the old days of scrapping at football, I find the fancy dress thing incredibly naff. Mind you, I'm a miserable bstrd anyway, and I don't like anything remotely jolly to be honest.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Tyhee_Slim":3146lhxe said:
IJN":3146lhxe said:

That's about right. The Hartlepool/monkey hanger thing shows a nice line in self deprecating humour. Anything else is just bleddy wet really. Fair play to the eight year old for the imagination, but 'eight year old' says it all really, and - like the 'songs' thread on here, it's just another example of Argyle fans copying other fans' ideas - usually badly.

Although it's preferable to the old days of scrapping at football, I find the fancy dress thing incredibly naff. Mind you, I'm a miserable bstrd anyway, and I don't like anything remotely jolly to be honest.

But then again Tyhee, if it is to celebrate Argyle's promotion maybe we could all go dressed as flying pigs? :whistle:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Well I'm half way there. Just have to crack the flying bit.

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
Tyhee_Slim":woa2dfc9 said:
IJN":woa2dfc9 said:

I've got pictures somewhere of a last day of the season trip to Bradford (1991 possibly) where a few of us on the travel club did fancy dress. I went as an Arab and there was a clown, a wizard etc.
We stopped at a service station in the midlands and a bus full of Cardiff turned up.
Had a great picture with Batman & Robin :thumbs:

N

NorfolkGreen

Fancy dress is good though, you have to hand it to them, visually it is excellent.

Jun 8, 2014
How about in the last home game of the season, everybody in the stadium gets given a party popper and the announcer says when to pull the trigger.. All in harmony.. All green and white.. Might not look too bad!

Adam

Pasoti Designer
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 5, 2010
Why not go dressed as Pilgrims? As in those who sailed on the Mayflower.