Is Mellor our most important player? | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Is Mellor our most important player?

Jan 6, 2004
I am not sure about that - I would still go for Reid or McCormick but he is playing out of his skin today.

Bubba

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 26, 2006
He has been playing well for a few months now, quietly going about his business

earl grey

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 26, 2011
His composure in the box has been great all season, but the system allows him to use it. Pleased he got mom on a day where many did well.

Dec 28, 2010
I have to admit McCormick and Reid are vitally important to our team aswell as Alessandra and Nelson but O'Connor is really impressing me and keeps the link between defence and midfield alive, a bit like a Stevie Adams type.

Nov 7, 2012
Plymouth
Outstanding player, you can always tell a good player with the amount of time they seem to get on the ball and even when he's being closed down he's so confident and assured.

jespafc

✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2005
www.johnstanlake.com
I saw him early in the season against Exeter and in the cup against Leyton Orient, and I have to say I was unimpressed. However, based on recent reports and then watching today's game online, he has certainly settled in and has proved me wrong. Great performance today, and he would've been my nomination for MOTM if it hadn't been for Reid.

Sep 2, 2008
Obviously an arguable question considering the performances some of the players are putting in. I happen to think he has been a key element of our current successful run. He's part of a defence that's hardly conceded and I've lost count of the number of times he has been instrumental in our goal scoring. For me, 'Sticks' is a major find by Sheridan as well as O'Connor, Reid (Bobby) and Kellet. I'm slowly starting to enjoy watching the greens again :scarf:

Aug 29, 2012
I have only seen him play a few times but on each occasion looks quality to me. As said already he always seems to have time on ball and love his ability to drop his shoulder and saunter in the box.

Jun 8, 2014
It's a TEAM game. ELEVEN players. No one is more important than the other.

But yeah, he's been excellent lately.. Him and Kellett won us the game today imo, neither of them could be handled really.

Aug 13, 2011
Mellor certainly laid on both goals from direct play. He scared the hell out of their left back. Ier 'd reserve judgement of how good Mellor was as against how poor the Pompey back was but he turned him inside out and then picked his man out. Class act today. Too many outstanding performances. Cox is also an unsung hero. When we got it down after the first 10 minutes of head tennis we looked excellent and comfortable on the ball all over the pitch. Looks good for a promotion push! Good work JS!!