Well done Sheridan | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Well done Sheridan

Dec 28, 2010
Stick to this formation and keep Lewi and Reuben together, dont make the same mistake as last season and go back to 442 then stick Lewi on the wing, it was disastrous!

Well done for today and a big mention for Paul Wotton with the work he is doing with the defence.

J

just_ste

I do praise Sheridan but cant help feeling that this team and formation is what we all cried out for ages,finally Lewi is central for instance.
Still hes getting it right now so credit were its due,for listening to us at last lol

Nov 7, 2012
Plymouth
It's like Sheridan is still learning as he goes, he's definitely become a better manager and seems to be able to present better tactics ad change the game!

Jul 29, 2010
Yep, no complaints whatsoever, even got to rest some key players :clap:

Oh yeah, and, "time to ditch 3-5-2" my 'arris :lol:

Jun 8, 2014
X Isle":e8hp0sbq said:
Yep, no complaints whatsoever, even got to rest some key players :clap:

Oh yeah, and, "time to ditch 3-5-2" my 'arris :lol:

But I thought better teams were starting to suss us out?

G

Greenskin

Not sure that it is tactics that has been the main factor in the recent run.It was always going to take a few games for a virtually entirely new group of players to get used to each other,no matter what formation was adopted.The main credit should be for the quality of player signed during the summer-it seems more and more as if Shez had an absolute blinder in the transfer market with the signing of Hartley,Mellor,McHugh and O'Connor.Without the quality,tactics are rendered useless-can't get excrement from a rocking horse.

G

Greenskin

X Isle":2au2vd42 said:
....same goes for vica versa of course.

One of those chicken and egg type things,always makes for good debate.The point i was really making is that there would appear to be no good reason why players such as Hartley,Nelson,Nelson,McHugh etc shouldn't be successful in a 4-4-2 as well-agreed,the difficulty would be fitting them all in but they would seem to be of sufficient quality to make a go of it.Also agreed that it would be hard to balance out the midfield with the two ball winners in there for 4-4-2 but would there be any reason why an O'Connor/Blizzard [for arguments sake] combo wouldn't work? Not advocating that Argyle should change a winning formula but put it this way-would you have fancied Argyle's chances of conceding 9 goals in 18 games with the players that Sheridan inherited or indeed the ones that finished last season,no matter what formation was played? Darned sure that i wouldn't have,they weren't good enough.