Fantastic Poppy Display Vs Pompey | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Fantastic Poppy Display Vs Pompey

Mar 27, 2013
BIDEFORD NORTH DEVON
Just like to say what a fantastic day experienced At home park today and well done to sue , Steve & everyone involved with Poppy displays

Proud to be sat with my son in block 12 with the Poppy display

Proud to be a pilgrim :scarf:

Apr 22, 2013
Very many thanks to Sue Pollard and her team for organising this- truly memorable.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
Fantastic display, well done to all involved. Also good to see the away fans involved :scarf:

On a similar note, was I the only one cringing at the Argyle Angels' performance before the game? They were there doing their routine with the military band just stood in the centre circle, it wasn't very tasteful IMO. Personally I would have told the girls sorry but it was armed service day so we'll be using the whole pre-match as a tribute to the armed services this week, might be just me but it didn't sit well.

Other than that a very good display today, a credit to everyone involved in organising it, couldn't have been more fitting with us playing our dockyard rivals, very good :clap:

Apr 22, 2013
Ollieargyle9":2klgurp2 said:
Fantastic display, well done to all involved. Also good to see the away fans involved :scarf:

On a similar note, was I the only one cringing at the Argyle Angels' performance before the game? They were there doing their routine with the military band just stood in the centre circle, it wasn't very tasteful IMO. Personally I would have told the girls sorry but it was armed service day so we'll be using the whole pre-match as a tribute to the armed services this week, might be just me but it didn't sit well.

Other than that a very good display today, a credit to everyone involved in organising it, couldn't have been more fitting with us playing our dockyard rivals :clap:

Always a difficult call, but as they are an established part of the pre match routine, it was decided to include the Angels. The band played for 30 mins + so on balance I think it was a fair compromise. After all, they train twice a week and turn up in all weather, so to discount them on this occasion would IMHO have been churlish.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
lyndhurstgreen":3le4jpjb said:
Ollieargyle9":3le4jpjb said:

Other than that a very good display today, a credit to everyone involved in organising it, couldn't have been more fitting with us playing our dockyard rivals :clap:

Always a difficult call, but as they are an established part of the pre match routine, it was decided to include the Angels. The band played for 30 mins + so on balance I think it was a fair compromise. After all, they train twice a week and turn up in all weather, so to discount them on this occasion would IMHO have been churlish.

I can see what you mean it's a difficult one, maybe have them on just at half-time or not have the military band just stood there waiting for the girls to finish? Either way it was a minor problem for me, overall the display was very good, very respectful so I won't let this little issue detract from the fantastic work of the club and volunteers any further :clap:

Apr 22, 2013
Ollieargyle9":qg73h5g8 said:
lyndhurstgreen":qg73h5g8 said:
Ollieargyle9":qg73h5g8 said:

I can see what you mean it's a difficult one, maybe have them on just at half-time or not have the military band just stood there waiting for the girls to finish? Either way it was a minor problem for me, overall the display was very good, very respectful so I won't let this little issue detract from the fantastic work of the club and volunteers any further :clap:

Yes, unfortunately the pre match build up timings didn't go exactly to plan- no one's fault really, but the players were a bit later (than planned) coming on to the pitch, so the Angels 'filled in' more time than expected. No drama, still a good spectacle, and an excellent 3 points!

Aug 30, 2006
Sheffield
Always proud to be a member of the green army but tonight even more so...and I'm not even referring to the team's performance today. We are so much better than other clubs and I hope that the players who hadn't experienced an armed service day match previously now have a greater appreciation of what Plymouth means.
It is a great shame that Sky's scheduling didn't allow the watching nation to see more of the build up and the tributes to our armed forces. Very well done to all concerned.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
lyndhurstgreen":3uvzvyd9 said:
Ollieargyle9":3uvzvyd9 said:
lyndhurstgreen":3uvzvyd9 said:
Ollieargyle9":3uvzvyd9 said:

Yes, unfortunately the pre match build up timings didn't go exactly to plan- no one's fault really, but the players were a bit later (than planned) coming on to the pitch, so the Angels 'filled in' more time than expected. No drama, still a good spectacle, and an excellent 3 points!
The referee was at fault for being late out.

Jan 1, 2006
Plymouth
What a fantastic day for everyone connected with Plymouth Argyle I for one was not expecting that......hats off to the Pompey fans in the fan fest who were very gracious in defeat (maybe with the exception of the guy who got on stage at fan fest......he wasn't bad but his rhetoric was we are big you are small think yourselves lucky...that annoyed me a bit then I suppose I've done the same!!!!)

I didn't mind the Angels at all......they are not something I particularly go to watch but yes they put in time and effort and attend week in week out so in my opinion should be part of such a special day.

So here's my gripe and please don't take this as being hyper critical as one of the things may well been out of the hands of Argyle........the PA during the readings from the Chaplin was faulty and patchy who arranged that was it an outside company and surely this equipment was sound checked..........just a little amateurish didn't sound good but for me didn't take anything from the message. It then appeared the fans interaction after The Last Post happened before the tribute was actually finished.......it was a natural break that the fans believed the time was appropriate but clearly too soon. I don't buy a programme was an order of service printed in that and maybe we should announce before we start what exactly is going to happen.

That aside I had a lump in my throat and you could feel the admiration from both sets of fans a fantastic day well done Argyle (and Pompey) both on and off the pitch..........I am starting to believe COYG's

Feb 9, 2011
[quote="Ollieargyle9"]Fantastic display, well done to all involved. Also good to see the away fans involved :scarf:

echo this just a shame the abuse that the pompey fans got as they walked back in front of the Lyndhurst some of our IDIOTS really need to look at themselves :banghead:
that said brilliant day we are lucky to have Sue Pollard :nworthy:

Leo's Grandad

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 18, 2011
Sunny Plymouth
:whistle:
Was it that bloke Steve from the X factor ???

C

Cobi Budge.

I thought it was all really fantastic, a moving reading and minutes silence.

The only thing that let it down a bit was the unplanned pointless national anthem which was largely sung over by both sets of fans while the players were already running around, I think the stadium announcer was the person "singing" it appallingly, rather embarrassing, saw plenty of tweets about it.from those watching on sky as well.