Promotion Odds On | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Promotion Odds On

So I HAVE been saying it to numerous people in work including my brothers that we WILL win the league and its all due to that magical word CONSISTANCY.
This is why I believe were destined to get the title!

2001/02
P W D L F A PTS
17 11 4 2 27 11 37

2014/15
P W D L F A PTS
17 9 3 5 21 9 30

No reason we cant carry on like we are and if not get even better.

Big ask I know but if we carry on around the same form as these first 17 games we have a great chance of automatic promotion, sod the playoffs I don't thin I could handle all that!!!

Attack my optimism if you like but I believe totally in this bunch of lads !!

jespafc

✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2005
www.johnstanlake.com
I hope you're right, and we definitely have the makings of a title-chasing team, but I still worry a little about goals. If a L1 or Championship team come in for Reuben in January and offer 250k, I still fear that due to our finances we'd take it.

I think we'll finish 6th.

Oct 11, 2014
My Prediction is for Luton to win the league, with Argyle in 2nd. If we lose Reid in January, then we will just about make the playoffs

Jul 6, 2011
Why should we lose Reid in january, has he asked to leave or made any hints that he wants to leave?

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
This season definitely reminds me of the three promotion seasons I've witnessed and I expect one or two teams in the top seven to drop between now and the end of the season I really don't believe we'll be one of them.

As for RR, I don't think many clubs will be tracking him. His career has seen more downs than ups and his last two seasons back with us has been a very good thing for him and us but I reckon clubs will see that he doesn't perform that well away from the West Country so may well leave him alone. Certainly hope so.

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
edmonds200":je2d4xwp said:
Reuben will not leave for a league 1 team

Garbage. If a League one teams gets say two million for a striker from a Championship club, then decide to splash half of the cash on a couple or three of league two's finest, there's little way PAFC would decline say £300k or so cash in hand for Reid or anyone else. What would the council say if they did!

pilgrimmike1

R.I.P
Oct 5, 2010
oggieland
;)
Gary_Wills":3g8ezdlc said:
edmonds200":3g8ezdlc said:
Reuben will not leave for a league 1 team

Garbage. If a League one teams gets say two million for a striker from a Championship club, then decide to splash half of the cash on a couple or three of league two's finest, there's little way PAFC would decline say £300k or so cash in hand for Reid or anyone else. What would the council say if they did!
The council have no say in the matter and even if they did I am sure they would want us to keep him or any asset that might well make us successful to help us repay the loan should we have it. Besides I can't help thinking a 20 plus goal a season striker is worth a bit more than the 250 or 300k thats been estimated on here even for a league two striker. Personaly I can't see him going anywhere unless it's a championship club that wants to give him another chance, he's going to be playing L1 football next season anyway. Aint he. ;)

A

argylefaninwales

pastiesforlife":1lvf7ct6 said:
Actually 9/4 for promotion or 12/1 to win the league.
And we have beaten the top 2 in the betting!!

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
I tipped Luton to win this division halfway through last season and stick with that. Shrewsbury seem to be heavily tipped by many of the pundits which means the top 3 won't be easy. I think we have every bit as much of a chance as Burton, Southend, Bury or Wycombe and all being well will make it. Wycombe have possibly punched above their weight with a small squad and may well fall off the pace a little. Burton have a really tough run of 6 fixtures coming up between now and Boxing day with games against Luton, Shrewsbury, Southend and an in form Exeter which will show us what they are made of. I'm not sure I can see too many clubs outside of the top 7 with a realistic chance of breaking into that leading pack or too many in the leading pack slipping down the table. I reckon we are odds on to finish in the top 7 so odds of 9/4 are fairly attractive. My current bet would be that we finish 3rd, 4th or 5th. Of course that could change somewhat by Boxing day when another half a dozen games are chalked off.

L

lewjam14

can i remind everyone we still have just over half a season left there's a lot of points and games, in 10 games time we could be fighting a relegation battle (i know its a bit extreme, but its argyle and anything can happen with them) so see where we are at march/ Easter

My one worry is that so many goals are coming thru RR. If he picks up any lengthy injury then that will clearly set us back.

One of the key features of the two Luggy promotions was that goals were coming all through the team, including some great set pieces from Wotton. I remind myself that we relied equally on Tommy Tynan during the Dave Smith promotion years, but he remained injury free throughout that spell. Fingers crossed.

Quinny

Cream First
Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon
lewjam14":2jot17ox said:
can i remind everyone we still have just over half a season left there's a lot of points and games, in 10 games time we could be fighting a relegation battle (i know its a bit extreme, but its argyle and anything can happen with them) so see where we are at march/ Easter

Absolutely, but the old saying is that, after 15-odd games you have a pretty good idea how the league tables shape up. You do get teams which fade in the run in, or suddenly hit a purple-patch and shoot up the table, but they're the exceptions. But then I always recall Norwich back in the mid-90's: challenging for a UEFA spot at Xmas , then only had one win in the second half of the season and ended up getting relegated...