Argyle Christmas Gifts | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle Christmas Gifts

May 22, 2006
With Argyle doing well at the moment, there may well be people thinking of buying Argyle related Christmas gifts. Be aware that the Superstore don't actually appear to have any adult home shirts available at the moment. There is a shipment due in December but the OS strongly recommend that shirts should be pre-ordered to avoid disappointment.

My lad is also after a pair of home socks with PAFC on. The Superstore only seems to sell the yellow away socks.

No idea if the lack of availability of kit is Pumas fault, or down to Argyle ordering insufficient supply. It would be nice to think that Argyle seize the opportunity to make some cash over Christmas.

Anyhow, this is a heads up to those thinking of making purchases to get their orders in quick and support the club.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Tried to buy a complete kit for 9 year old (granddaughter).

Lack of socks in sizes + variable combinations of colours/sizes etc. Difficult to get a complete kit in the correct size. Implication was that loads of kit had been sold for Xmas presents and I was a bit late!! (November 15thish).

Not helped by the fact that Granddaughter (in Germany) declined the complete yellow kit (which was in stock) and opted for pink (goalies).

Cut a long story short, I bought shirt and shorts but no socks. Had to register with Reading FC ( :shock: ) to order plain beetroot pink socks (ours have PAFC on) in the right size. Paid about £9.00 for them + £3.99 postage :sad: .

Anyway got full kit wrapped and ready now. Think they might have another sale as she'll come with me to the Xmas game but I suspect stock levels will be low!!

Not criticising as they were very helpful (pointed me at Reading)but seems they could stock (and sell) a lot more than they do! I didn't really want to give my money to Reading FC!!

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Tis a hard juggle isn't it?

What they can't have is a surplus at the end of season, so it's all about calling it just right.

Normally you could judge, but Argyle do well and all forecasts are out of the window.

Order a load, and lose the next four games.................!!

P

Paul_Roberts

Bought my lad his kit a few weeks ago. I was saving it for Christmas but caved in and gave it to him last week so he could wear it to football.

There were a few inquisitive looks at Wells City FC last Saturday!

Aug 30, 2006
Sheffield
It's not just kits though. The club is missing an opportunity to make money by having such a limited range of product. They could easily stock a 'timeless' range of items such as retro scarves for example. The popularity of the green/black bar scarves proved they would be a popular line that wouldn't date. Last time I was down I wanted to get my son an Argyle flag for his wall, but all they had were about 3 small Forza verde flags. Why can't they sell Devon flags or Nigerian flags or green/white & black union jacks with or without the club badge? Also, a range of car adornments would be a consistent seller over a prolonged period.
I would have thought that James Brent's previous retail experience would have had a more positive effect on the superstore.
Still, the last thing you lose is hope, and the next time I have an opportunity to visit I will enter the shop with high hopes of finding something worth buying.

Sep 23, 2005
IJN":4yn08aa4 said:
Tis a hard juggle isn't it?

What they can't have is a surplus at the end of season, so it's all about calling it just right.

Normally you could judge, but Argyle do well and all forecasts are out of the window.

Order a load, and lose the next four games.................!!

Argyle doing well or having a shirt that is popular this time? Probably a bit of both but always a shame to miss out on any extra revenue.

I am still being told the delivery of my long time ordered home shirt is likely to be late November to early December so their efforts to bring the delivery forward seems to have failed.

Jul 29, 2010
On the subject of shirts, last December we were told we 'had to' go with a new Puma contract because of a rapidly approaching "deadline" for the following season's shirt to be decided upon. Should be the same this year so we should expect Puma to be wanting our chosen design soon. Yet, AFAIK, we've had no consultation/engagement as to what we want :think:

bringonthemilkman":32zotlg0 said:
It's not just kits though. The club is missing an opportunity to make money by having such a limited range of product. They could easily stock a 'timeless' range of items such as retro scarves for example. The popularity of the green/black bar scarves proved they would be a popular line that wouldn't date. Last time I was down I wanted to get my son an Argyle flag for his wall, but all they had were about 3 small Forza verde flags. Why can't they sell Devon flags or Nigerian flags or green/white & black union jacks with or without the club badge? Also, a range of car adornments would be a consistent seller over a prolonged period.
I would have thought that James Brent's previous retail experience would have had a more positive effect on the superstore.
Still, the last thing you lose is hope, and the next time I have an opportunity to visit I will enter the shop with high hopes of finding something worth buying.

We only went into the club shop after the Pompey game to get out of the rain before heading into Central Park but there was more there than I expected. Didn't think there'd be much change from the month before but there was.

pilgrimmike1

R.I.P
Oct 5, 2010
oggieland
With all the rain we've been blessed with of late they should consider selling those large Argyle umbrellas again, can't help thinking it would be winner.

Jul 29, 2010
centralgreen":1nl09inb said:
Beach Towel for me please.

I'd been waiting ages for them to re-appear, that money then went to St. Austell Brewery instead on a cheeky Tribute number.

I've also been waiting for a proper mini-kit for the car. They used to be an exact scaled down version of the team strip but recently have been just cheap plain green plastic with 'Argyle' written on it. No thanks.

Nov 6, 2011
Signed ball for me! Might be worth a bit of money in the future, especially if it's a promotion season...

C

CornerBoy

Pilgrim":u3tm9fju said:
Signed ball for me! Might be worth a bit of money in the future, especially if it's a promotion season...

Do they sell signed stuff in the shop?

Argyle Nutter

Golf Liaison Officer ⛳️
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
On the sunny side of the street
CornerBoy":2zwxowdd said:
Pilgrim":2zwxowdd said:

Why not pop in & have a look? You never know something else may catch the eye. :D

C

CornerBoy

Argyle Nutter":14ffectz said:
CornerBoy":14ffectz said:
Pilgrim":14ffectz said:

The last time I did that I came home with a garden knome lol

Why not pop in & have a look? You never know something else may catch the eye. :D