Our poor away form, negative tactics? | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Our poor away form, negative tactics?

C

Cobi Budge.

Won 2, drawn 2, lost 5

We've also failed to score more than once in a game.

Our home form has been brilliant, but we can't be remotely serious about automatic promotion with this form on the road.

Is it because we are too negative away? We don't seem to get in to games as much and create anywhere near as much? Or another reason?

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Our first away defeat since September, five points from the last four away games isn't too shabby.

Very good home form and average away form will see us do well this season.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
No goals from midfield again.
Is Blizzard's goal at Luton our only goal from a Centre Mid this season?

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
PL2 3DQ":1iehnayz said:
Our first away defeat since September, five points from the last four away games isn't too shabby.

Very good home form and average away form will see us do well this season.

True but this isn't even average away form...its very poor away form...results need to improve away from home considerably if we are looking at promotion....chris errington chief football reporter herald.

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
Mark Keen":3ifginyu said:
Opinions are opinions I respect that but come on stop the captain obvious remarks!!
I don't think it's so 'captain obvious' to the deluded people who think that we're better without him, he would thrive big time alongside Cox and O'Connor and we would of seen the real best of him this season without a doubt.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
Steve.PAFC2012":2fbhxat1 said:
Mark Keen":2fbhxat1 said:
Move on ffs Connor has gone Steve!!! We would also be better with mackie, bolLasie and noone!
How dare I share my own opinion.

Just because someone disagrees with does not mean they are challenging your right to an opinion, if you can't take people disagreeing with you then an open forum really isn't the place for you.

As it goes I agree with Mark's own OPINION, Conor has gone and he was always going to go when he declared he wanted out, if we use his departure as an excuse to under perform then we will go nowhere.

Nov 15, 2014
Any thoughts as to how else we could line up tactically? Be nice to keep the goals out still (A great record at the moment, despite the result today) but offer a bit more bite up front in away games. :think:

Mar 1, 2014
I'm in total agreement in the fact that he's a miss hence my initial reaction!!! But we do really need to move on and find solotutions from within our current squad/loan market. I didn't intend to have an individual pop at you!

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
In fairness, sacked manager, six changes to the team no manager could adequately prepare for that. :scarf:

Nov 15, 2014
Mike Greening":a2s2e28b said:
In fairness, sacked manager, six changes to the team no manager could adequately prepare for that. :scarf:

Agreed Mike, perhaps we were tactically predictable today and their incoming squad players had the motivation that gave them the extra level of performance that they have needed. I was hoping that our potential performance would have been sufficient to have caused them more issues than they gave us, but not to be.