Just back | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Just back

Aug 30, 2006
Sheffield
Typical Argo!
For once everyone turns up optimistic of a win and we don't perform. We didn't look half the team we did last week.
We were always on the point of imposing ourselves on the game but never quite managed it. Mansfield's left winger and big striker caused our defence no end of problems. We mainly attacked down our left which meant Kellett was pushing forward and was often caught out defensively with Hartley having to cover well and Mellor making a couple of terrfic last ditch tackles.
We crafted two good passing moves with Alessandra forcing a save and reuben hitting the bar when from our end it looked easier to score but really couldn't complain when Luke got lobbed in the 44th minute.
Second half was more of the same with any momentum we looked like building up being dashed by misplaced passes or silly fouls. The last 15 we mounted some pressure with Banton looking lively when he came on. We huffed and puffed but never made their keeper work although their defence put in some very good blocks. Mellor looked to be body charged inside the box after beating his man but the ref waved it away.
Bit of argybargy on the pitch when their striker charged into Luke when he was collecting the ball in the air. Bit of argy bargy in the crowd when a group of Argyle fans responded to taunting by 20 Mansfield fans and brought about 40 coppers charging into the corner.
Disappointing all round.
MOTM for me was Hartley.

Jan 12, 2009
Really poor performance today against a very poor team also. We should have got a result even when playing so poor, Mellor hit the bar with an open goal, somehow we didnt score when the keeper parried and the ball was cleared off the line and smalley had a tap in blocked with a great tackle.

They were up for it and were a side with a lot of energy, they pressed us all over the park but they lacked quality.

The goal we conceded was terrible, a long punt and our defender left it to luke and luke left it for the defender and the striker nipped in to lob luke.

The fighting in the away end was just stupid, fans werent fighting eachother but they were fighting the police, for around a minute it was chaos, police on the floor being battered and fans being hit with batons. Calmed down soon after but didnt help the team.

Poor away day but we go again

Jan 12, 2009
green eyed monster":25hnc5jo said:
If you were involved in the trouble...

You are, indeed....a moron

I go to most away games and i havent seen the fans fighting too often, they were looking for trouble and got it.

Mar 23, 2008
Sounds like a bad day at the office, we were due one after a great run. Now comes the acid test, can we bounce back and go on another run? I think we've seen enough over the last couple of months to say we can.

J

Jambo

I was disappointed with the way we started the match. We were slow and indecisive whereas Mansfield, as I expected, came out full of enthusiasm and vigour. This set the tone for the match. We did have little spells in the game where we looked a threat and perhaps on another day would have got the equaliser but I just thought we were a little off the pace today and unusually shaky in defence.
Never mind, we move onto the next one

Apr 5, 2008
Typical argyle.go on a great run then lose to a team sruggling at bottom.seen it many times over the years..forget top 3 if you getting beaten by teams at bottom.poor :(

P

Paul_Roberts

A very disappointing result, but perhaps not a great surprise considering some of our other results on the road this season.

Personally I felt some people were getting a bit carried away after last week's win over a Portsmouth side who are unbelievably bad away from home (see their midweek result). We're a decent side, but we won't be running away with this league and every point we gain should be celebrated, every defeat seen as an inevitable pothole in a long and winding road.

The one positive I can see from our away form is that we aren't getting turned over in defeat. If we do make the playoffs, we'll be a good bet to come through a two-legged tie.

P

Paul_Roberts

And I think we'll be seeing another attacking midfielder arriving soon - Blizzard is no Bobby Reid.

J

Jambo

Paul_Roberts":s4y4uv9t said:
And I think we'll be seeing another attacking midfielder arriving soon - Blizzard is no Bobby Reid.

Yes, I feel we really need another attacking midfield option to replace Bobby. Our midfielders today were a little static and predictable

Mar 14, 2009
Jambo":2uouc43o said:
Paul_Roberts":2uouc43o said:

Yes, I feel we really need another attacking midfield option to replace Bobby. Our midfielders today were a little static and predictable

See I thought he was very good against Portsmouth. Blizzard plays much better as a attacking mid than a defensive one. He does the simple things well. Links up play for example with a short but effective forward ball. The midfield is a problem area. However, the issue is not having an engine room player who gets up and down the pitch. Blizzard, Cox and O'Connor are just to similar, in that they don't have the stamina like a David Norris or Alan Judge to run all game.

Jul 6, 2011
Metal_Green_Mickey":2sm7byxg said:
Jambo":2sm7byxg said:
Paul_Roberts":2sm7byxg said:

See I thought he was very good against Portsmouth. Blizzard plays much better as a attacking mid than a defensive one. He does the simple things well. Links up play for example with a short but effective forward ball. The midfield is a problem area. However, the issue is not having an engine room player who gets up and down the pitch. Blizzard, Cox and O'Connor are just to similar, in that they don't have the stamina like a David Norris or Alan Judge to run all game.

I see Banton has more of the creative attacking midfielder that we need, but I can't see JS dropping him, I think there's a bit of a love-in going on there...