Banton, the key to our success! | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Banton, the key to our success!

Oct 5, 2013
Banton, the key to our success: the right winger we are looking for!
Really, he must be. He is a great ball-player, why play him on the left, when he always cones inside?!
We need to do better away, so this must mean taking teams by surprise: he is our man, but on the right wing, not the f……. left!

Can someone please suggest this to JS?!

G

Greenskin

philevs":bspaojv3 said:
Really, he must be. He is a great ball-player, why play him on the left, when he always cones inside?!
We need to do better away, so this must mean taking teams by surprise: he is our man, but on the right wing, not the f……. left!

Banton's success in a previous guise at the club came almost entirely when he played on the left.

Write to JS and suggest it yourself.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Greenskin":1f4354ip said:
philevs":1f4354ip said:

Banton's success in a previous guise at the club came almost entirely when he played on the left.

I reckon he played his best when he played in the middle behind Reid during his loan spell.
When fit and confident he'd be perfect for the Bobby Reid role between midfield and the strikers if he's willing to track back which he showed signs of doing earlier this season.

HaroldPWH

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🚑 Steve Hooper
Apr 9, 2006
Burbage, Leics
He played well today when he came on, although I thought Blizzard was one of our better players today also.

J

Jambo

Thought he looked lively when he came on. It's just a shame he keeps picking up these niggling injuries as he definately offers us something. He could really do with a run in the team and goal to lift his confidence. Not sure he will get that though

Mar 14, 2009
I agree with the Banton comments apart from his position.

I don't see him as a right/left midfielder. Or an in-the-hole midfielder.

I think he is an out and out forward. He has pace and a trick and against large physical defenders he could cause problems. Him, with Reids power and pace are a combination I'd love to see but don't think Sherdian sees him as an out and out forward option whilst he has alessendra, smalley and morgan.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
PL2 3DQ":2hgf1v1v said:
Greenskin":2hgf1v1v said:
philevs":2hgf1v1v said:

I reckon he played his best when he played in the middle behind Reid during his loan spell.
When fit and confident he'd be perfect for the Bobby Reid role between midfield and the strikers if he's willing to track back which he showed signs of doing earlier this season.

I agree as long as he doesn't lose the ball cheaply and puts in a shift which are his 2 areas of weakness. Sort that out and he is a championship player so he will no longer be in Div 4

May 10, 2013
Getting Banton fit and in a role that suits him and the team, will In my opinion make the difference in our promotion push

Jun 11, 2012
philevs":2hp083mx said:
why play him on the left, when he always cones inside?!
I'm going to give you a few names:

Ronaldo. Bale. Robben. Ribery. Reus. Neymar. Hazard.

Jun 8, 2014
I thought he played centrally today - and looked excellent. Up for it more than anything, but I'd hoped it was obvious he's not a wide player.. As much as that he just doesn't seem to like it out wide. That role behind the strikers in the 352 would fit IMO and with cox and O'Connor it would result in less pressure on him defensively.