Luke at the Barn Park End | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Luke at the Barn Park End

Feb 26, 2011
Being sat in the Devonport I clearly can't hear what might be said and directed at Luke, but did anyone else notice 5 or so York fans that seemed to constantly give Luke abuse as soon as he got near the ball? It may of been fun Banter as the stewards were stood very close, but being that it is Luke I find it hard to believe it would be. Anyone else see this?

L

leisureplymouth

I was sat in row b block 14 before the family corner.

3 or 4 times they sang muuurrrdddeerrreeerrr muuurrrdddeerrreeerrr.

The stewards did sod all to stop them or evict them as it is a serious singing attitude rather than singing songs that get the fans going.

I could jumped over and got aggressive but Luke did handle it well.

Feb 9, 2011
leisureplymouth":2yeyjxke said:

The stewards did sod all to stop them or evict them as it is a serious singing attitude rather than singing songs that get the fans going.I could jumped over and got aggressive but Luke did handle it well.

you know this because :facepalm:
watch again the stewards always go in and have a word or 3

Jun 8, 2014
Yeah, and it really worked didn't it..

Difficult to stop if it's hundreds of dirty Exeter fans. 5 York fans? Kick them out.

Oct 10, 2012
I thought the rules were that if anyone caught singing offensive chants should be kicked out?

Adam

Pasoti Designer
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 5, 2010
When I was a Steward at Home Park there was a system of Pink Notes. Similar to a Yellow Card, the Pink Note would act as a Warning, if they continued then they were out.

This was about 10 years ago, so more than likely changed since then. The Pink Notes were quite successful though, people who were given them were told CCTV was on them etc, ...they got the message in the end and majority of the time stopped chanting offensive chants.

Feb 26, 2011
Yea I am sure I read and watch the board and fans meeting a few weeks back that fans abusing Luke would be ejected from the stadium. Did anyone else catch wind of the chanting?

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
I think LMc expects it and he certainly doesn't let it affect his performances. Yes it should be cut out because offensive stuff is not nice to hear, especially that close to the kiddies section but Luke doesn't let it get to him so eradicating it won't make any difference to his game.

C

Cobi Budge.

I believe the board also said Luke was consulted and he said he didn't request action to be taken and that he isn't bothered. The club has wrote to other clubs (namely Exeter) to try and get them to cut it out at their grounds but replies/actions aren't expected for obvious reasons.

Granted the chanting is sick and I'd rather they were kicked out but it's hard to control, is it fair to kick 5 York fans out but keep hundreds of Exeter fans?

Anyhow, it doesn't affect his performance and actually, during the games he gets the most stick in, he seems to turn out the best displays (e.g. Luton away). He's a professional simple as that, expects it, accepts it and shuts it out. Not once has he reacted to it as I think many of us would.

Nov 7, 2012
Plymouth
Stewards are told to clamp down and try and stop/prevent the chanting. They were definitely told to have a no nonsense approach at the Exeter match earlier this season.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
The abuse he has received so far is nothing compared to what he will so obviously receive at Sid James Park in February. I hope he has the strength of character to stand tall against the abuse he will surely get. I also hope that both he and Sheridan do not take the easy way out and play Bittner instead.

Some fans will obviously use Luke as an excuse to behave like thugs and Luke will have to rely on his team mates to carry him through.

C

Cobi Budge.

Ade the green":iz4w63i7 said:
The abuse he has received so far is nothing compared to what he will so obviously receive at Sid James Park in February. I hope he has the strength of character to stand tall against the abuse he will surely get. I also hope that both he and Sheridan do not take the easy way out and play Bittner instead.

Some fans will obviously use Luke as an excuse to behave like thugs and Luke will have to rely on his team mates to carry him through.

Didn't seem to be a problem last time we played at Exeter and Luke was slaughtered that day. I remember when the players came out for the 2nd half nearly every man in Green ran over to the big bank to give Luke a hug before play resumed.

Mar 23, 2008
Ade the green":1r4i1vq0 said:

There is absolutely no way barring injury that Luke will not play that game and nor should he not play. Without going over old ground and the horrific accident, Luke carries himself with great dignity and professionalism.

L

leisureplymouth

grumps":3iudzgfe said:
leisureplymouth":3iudzgfe said:

The stewards did sod all to stop them or evict them as it is a serious singing attitude rather than singing songs that get the fans going.I could jumped over and got aggressive but Luke did handle it well.

you know this because :facepalm:
watch again the stewards always go in and have a word or 3

When I said the stewards did sod all, yes they went in and spoke but nobody was ejected. Theres a difference between stewards doing nothing and stewards acting slightly unreasonable for Luke's sake. Yes people were chatted to, but the stewards didn't ask in the way they do if someone takes beer into the stand. If someone gets caught with beer they are thrown out. Know that Luke had previously don't something wrong in the past and it's alright to just give them a telling off, ridiculous.

You don't even sit in that area anyway you Removed by Site Admin and reply based on just seeing the stewards go up to fans