Confidence or foolhardiness? | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Confidence or foolhardiness?

Oct 5, 2013
From Argyle website Thursday:

“When you are losing games, everyone looks at things - I do not listen; I just keep concentrating”
John Sheridan
“I feel as if we are doing a lot of things right, even in the game last week,” said John, “and even though you see the stats after that say we had one shot, I do not care. We played alright against the favourites in the league above, and we competed very well against them for an hour.”

When you are not scoring enough goals, is this admirable confidence, or a foolhardy refusal to change things?

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
It's the age old attitude of "if it ain't broke don't fix it", he is quite right in what he says in that to look competitive against one of the better teams in the division above can still be classed as some sort of success even if we did lose 3-0. We weren't expected to win, to have done so would have been a big over achievement and despite losing quite heavily in the end we should really be looking at our performances against teams in our own league. As we sit in the playoff places for now we can still say "stick with what we're doing Shez", yes our away form could be improved upon but as long as we keep winning at home we can stick with what we're doing, why change things when they are getting us the results we need to achieve the promotion/playoff push we desire?

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
I think he means that good performances but not always winning games give us a better outlook than below average performance picking up fluke points now and again.

Keep the good performances up, hopefully we will be rewarded and as someone else said if it ain't broke don't try and fix it.

Jun 23, 2011
Plymouth
Its confidence - he needs to keep the players beleiving and if he keeps their confidence up the last few results will merely be a bad patch, and not the start of a slump.

G

Greenskin

philevs":3h6zopa2 said:
From Argyle website Thursday:

“When you are losing games, everyone looks at things - I do not listen; I just keep concentrating”
John Sheridan
“I feel as if we are doing a lot of things right, even in the game last week,” said John, “and even though you see the stats after that say we had one shot, I do not care. We played alright against the favourites in the league above, and we competed very well against them for an hour.”

When you are not scoring enough goals, is this admirable confidence, or a foolhardy refusal to change things?

Looks like it could well be the former actually.