bbc radio devon.. dab radio.. | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

bbc radio devon.. dab radio..

Nov 14, 2010
Cornwall
Seemingly Radio Devon in their wisdom decided that because the Torquay commentary failed on their medium wave they saw fit to take us Argyle fans other than the Plymouth area DAB off our commentary and make the Torquay game available to us! Even though the Torquay game was available on line today as it was not a league game! No warning we just had 20 mins of The Pilgrims and then just shunted off to bloody Bishops Stortford!
You couldn't make it up. I appreciate Radio Devon try to give all fans a match but it aint rocket science to know that Argyle have fans all over Devon who rely on these away commentaries....get a grip!!

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Wilf Carters Boots":4g9ejxrf said:
Seemingly Radio Devon in their wisdom decided that because the Torquay commentary failed on their medium wave they saw fit to take us Argyle fans other than the Plymouth area DAB off our commentary and make the Torquay game available to us! Even though the Torquay game was available on line today as it was not a league game! No warning we just had 20 mins of The Pilgrims and then just shunted off to bloody Bishops Stortford!
You couldn't make it up. I appreciate Radio Devon try to give all fans a match but it aint rocket science to know that Argyle have fans all over Devon who rely on these away commentaries....get a grip!!

They can't put everyone on across the whole county at the same time. BBC Devon guarantee Argyle to be on local radio here in the city which is more than the BBC do elsewhere in the country. I think the listening Green Army are spoilt with the amount of live radio coverage they receive.

Nov 14, 2010
Cornwall
I know Radio Devon cover all the Devon sides Lundan but it's not exactly good practice firstly to tell us at the start of
the season that the COUNTYWIDE DAB service will be dedicated to Argyle matches and then secondly to start us off at
the match today with the first 20 mins of commentary from The Sixfields and then literally move the goal posts (for no good reason) to some Conference Div South outpost so one man and his dog can listen to a tin pot trophy match which was already available online....PS I don't need telling how well we are served for coverage - I do get around the country - I'm just saying that today BBC Radio Devon were out of order and gave poor service!

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Wilf Carters Boots":2nem648g said:
I know Radio Devon cover all the Devon sides Lundan but it's not exactly good practice firstly to tell us at the start of
the season that the COUNTYWIDE DAB service will be dedicated to Argyle matches and then secondly to start us off at
the match today with the first 20 mins of commentary from The Sixfields and then literally move the goal posts (for no good reason) to some Conference Div South outpost so one man and his dog can listen to a tin pot trophy match which was already available online....PS I don't need telling how well we are served for coverage - I do get around the country - I'm just saying that today BBC Radio Devon were out of order and gave poor service!

I get your grievence but BBC were in a no win situation when on of their frequencies failed. It must have been an emergency decision and I guess there must have been nowhere else to put United at short notice.

If popularity across the county dictated what was on BBC Devon on a Saturday afternoon then Judi Spires would be on instead any football whatsoever ;)