Improbable,yet possible playoff scenario ! | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Improbable,yet possible playoff scenario !

Feb 23, 2006
Ideally would love Argyle to get automatic promotion,yet we may have to battle through the lottery that is the playoffs.Ex**r appear to be playing above them selves and winning points somehow !
Now whats the odds in a particular fateful set of circumstances we could end up playing them in the playoffs or even the playoff final at Wembley.....an all Devon final !

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Exeter won't be anywhere near the playoffs come season' send. Their show ponies won't be able to play on heavier pitches and historically they've had poorer second halves of previous seasons whereas we have done better.

Mar 14, 2009
Exeter are a decent side. Its hard to give credits to your rivals but on a shoe string budget he has done an amazing job.

He said when they struggled last year he had a decent youth team coming through. He said they had to be patient until they could be blooded. Now this is the results of the work they have done.

Like it or not, he is a good manager who builds sides from stratch. The only thing that will stop them I feel from having a decent season is crucial injuries amongst a small squad.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
graygreen":2lw3o37z said:
Ideally would love Argyle to get automatic promotion,yet we may have to battle through the lottery that is the playoffs.Ex**r appear to be playing above them selves and winning points somehow !
Now whats the odds in a particular fateful set of circumstances we could end up playing them in the playoffs or even the playoff final at Wembley.....an all Devon final !

Just imagine all those London bound trains pulling into St.Davids already full up :greensmile:

Apr 30, 2011
Metal_Green_Mickey":ji897x70 said:
Exeter are a decent side. Its hard to give credits to your rivals but on a shoe string budget he has done an amazing job.

He said when they struggled last year he had a decent youth team coming through. He said they had to be patient until they could be blooded. Now this is the results of the work they have done.

Like it or not, he is a good manager who builds sides from stratch. The only thing that will stop them I feel from having a decent season is crucial injuries amongst a small squad.

T'is true... (see what I did then).

They are massively over achieving on a relatively speaking tiny budget. Would be amazed if they are top season come end of the season. BUT... it would be magical to turn them over at Wembley!

Apr 28, 2013
:lol: Hate Exeter. Tisdale out, Tisdale out...Haven't heard any of that recently. They don't deserve a manager like that or any success with their dreadful support. Would be funny seeing them with under 20,000 at Wembley and then there would be us! :lol:

Nov 2, 2004
It helps that they have the divisions best player.Grimes is an outstanding young footballer and a real credit to the way Tisdale developes youngsters.

Ade the green":1na8july said:
Exeter won't be anywhere near the playoffs come season' send. Their show ponies won't be able to play on heavier pitches and historically they've had poorer second halves of previous seasons whereas we have done better.

Don't you believe it. I've watched Excretia twice recently with friends of their opposition, and believe me they are improving rapidly. Even with the certain loss of Grimes I fancy them for an automatic promotion spot, though it pains me to say it.

greeneagle

✅ Evergreen
Jan 26, 2004
Brisbane, Australia
ealinggreen":31111j4l said:
It helps that they have the divisions best player.Grimes is an outstanding young footballer and a real credit to the way Tisdale developes youngsters.

Agreed. Grimes attracting interest from the Premiership apparently. Gone in January probably.