PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Phew, what a game.

From looking a class team at 3-0 we conceded two soft goals to end up hanging on for the deserved win with 10 men.

Hartley gave us the perfect start with a great header from a corner, Northampton were restricted to long range efforts before Kellett
scored what will probably be goal of the season.
He dribbled past one defender, then another, please shoot, another defender beaten before he reached the six yard box and then he finally shot and the ball rifled into the net with what looked like the aid of a block from a defender. What a goal.

We were in total control for much of the second half and added another goal. A long kick from McCormick found Reid who passed to Alessandra to finish another great goal.

We now looked confident and classy, passing the ball around with chants of "ole" from the Argyle fans.

Northampton scored what looked like a consolation goal after Nelson hesitated in the penalty area, it was a soft goal to concede.

Banton messed up a great chance to make it 4-1, he hesitated instead of shooting.

Soon after a 25 yard shot surprisingly went over McCormick and we were left hanging on with Northampton now pushing forward.
Nelson was injured in a dramatic goal mouth scramble and after a long delay courtesy of the medic team slowly ambling onto the pitch, we held on for the win with 10 men.

It's hard to single out any player after a complete team performance like this but Kellett and O'Connor were immense and our other
loan signing Bobby Reid wasn't far behind them.

A definite gameplan was balls into the channels for Reid and Alessandra to run onto.

Nelson did eventually walk off the pitch rather than stretchered off so his arm injury might be ok.

Every player except Banton came to celebrate the win with the fans after the game.

Well played!

Sep 28, 2003
London
Repeating my post from the MoM thread:

Bobby Reid was brilliant, just constantly involved and he never gives the ball away. Just shades Kellett for me, who was also great and scored the goal of the season.

Wooden spoon for Banton, who was terrible. Gets the ball clean through, and starts running away from goal!

Once Harvey and Banton were on we became unable to keep the ball in their half, both woefully ineffective and kept giving the ball away.

Took away a bit of the gloss, because for 80 minutes today we looked fantastic.

C

Cobi Budge.

Good win!

Gotta be the end for Banton though, I hear he was dreadful again and sulked off at Ft while the team celebrated. Get him out in January.

Because I'm a ratings need, anyone with player ratings? :scarf:

Jun 7, 2006
3-2 was flattering for Northampton in a game we bossed for the the vast majority of the match. However if you gift a side a goal even at 3-0 up things can turn pear shaped. They then scored a second which was in all fairness a great strike and caused panic at the end. If we can play like that consistently we will be in the mix at the sharp end.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
I was directly in line with their second strike and the swerve and dip on the ball was unbelievable. I've never seen a ball move like that.

I thought Kellett's shot was a clean hit past the keeper and didn't come off a blocking defender. Stunning goal.

Great performance from Argyle until Alessandra and Reid went off. After that it was backs to the wall time.

Mar 23, 2008
AJAX_66":2wia4ctk said:
John Eldridge":2wia4ctk said:
banton off in January please

And Harvey please, not good enough for this team.
Or we could just enjoy the win and accept we have some promising young players finding their feet who will have good and bad games.

Heathrow Green

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 12, 2011
An airport just outside London
Got to say that if are writing Harvey off at this stage then you need to look at the other "potentials" around the league to realise that given time (shrug, green army giving time to youngster, hah, hah) he can become the footballer that most can see in him.

C

Cobi Budge.

Heathrow Green":1e33r4l4 said:
Got to say that if are writing Harvey off at this stage then you need to look at the other "potentials" around the league to realise that given time (shrug, green army giving time to youngster, hah, hah) he can become the footballer that most can see in him.

Most gave Luke Young 3 or 4 years and he was never quite good enough? In fact, he's a conference player at the moment yet is still a god to many.

Hope Harvey steps up and proves me wrong but so far I've seen very little to impress me, in any position.

G

graham g

Despite the slip-ups near the end we have still conceded fewer goals than anyone else in the League and have the third best goal difference in League 2. Some of our "promotion rivals" are playing each other next weekend. Let's hope we make the most of it with a home win.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
A few other points of interest.

Norburn slotted in well for the injured Blizzard, it did mean Bobby Reid moving slightly to the left but it didn't affect the team. Norburn made a great tackle at the expense of a corner and injured himself but didn't stay down and limped into the area to defend the corner. That's the commitment we need.

The injury to Nelson bizarrely may have helped us get the win. Apart from his part in stopping a goal in the goal mouth scramble the delay for Nelson's injury stopped Northampton's attacking momentum.
During that delay McCormick took responsibility and went to every player to remind them to concentrate.

At the final Reuben ran from the dugout to celebrate with McCormick, Hartley and the fans. It was disappointing to see Banton run straight off the pitch leaving the team and even the non playing subs behind on the pitch.
At times we looked a very confident team.

McCormick 7, Nelson 7, Hartley 8, O'Connor 9, Mellor 7, Cox 7, Blizzard 6, B Reid 8, Kellet 8, Alessandra 7, R Reid 7, Norburn 7, Banton 4, Harvey 5.

Nov 20, 2013
:thumbs:
Cobi Budge.":2kg06x9u said:
Heathrow Green":2kg06x9u said:

Most gave Luke Young 3 or 4 years and he was never quite good enough? In fact, he's a conference player at the moment yet is still a god to many.

Hope Harvey steps up and proves me wrong but so far I've seen very little to impress me, in any position.