Kellett in FL Team of the Week | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Kellett in FL Team of the Week

C

CornerBoy

His goal has to be one of the best I have ever seen in an Argyle shirt, granted the Northampton defence was all over the place but it was a terrific run.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
CornerBoy":1l0nmo76 said:
His goal has to be one of the best I have ever seen in an Argyle shirt, granted the Northampton defence was all over the place but it was a terrific run.

Do you know, I've never heard anyone say about Maradona's second 'legal' World Cup goal that: 'England's defence was all over the place' :think:

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
CornerBoy":371lk28c said:

I thought that the first couple of times I saw it but I'm now coming to the conclusion that AK (my initials BTW ) changes speed that makes it look like the defence is static. His close control is very, very good and if it had been Ronaldo that carried that ball to get a shot off it would be a goal of the season contender. Obviously, Ronaldo would be doing it against a higher level of player but let's not take away from Andy what will be a very special memory of what is (I believe) his first ever league goal.

C

CornerBoy

Maradonna, I have to agree it's a similar goal and as soon as I seen it I thought of that one, the control is so close and neat it really is outstanding. Could the defence have done better? Let's look at it this way, would we be happy if someone ran through our defence like that?

Taking nothing away from him though, like I said, it has to be one the best ever Argyle goals.

Jun 8, 2014
That would never happen vs us though, our defence are too good anyway and there's 4 or 5 we've got who are smart enough to make a foul if a player runs through like that.. See Mellor vs Stevenage!

Anyway, terrific goal, take mothin away from him as that would have been pretty special for him. Just hope he stays now - especially as he was much better defensively too I hear. That's good because I thought all that prevented him from being one of the best in the league was his defensive capabilities!

Seems Hartley got through to him.. ;)

C

Cobi Budge.

Kellet will either have to become a winger or a LB at some point in his career as not many clubs use wing backs, I can see him becoming a very good LM.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Pilgrim":2lj0xiyt said:
Ade the green":2lj0xiyt said:
LeonTheGreen":2lj0xiyt said:
We seem to be getting a player in this every 2/3 weeks.

That's what I said, 'there's always one'.

He said: "every 2/3 weeks", you said: "there's ALWAYS one". ;)

It was a throw away comment and I do apologise however, earlier in the season we did seem to have a player in the TotW every week. Hartley made a few as did McCormick and I'm pretty sure Mellor has been a regular in there as well.