Just thinking what is the greatest day ever at Home park

Here's a few to get us started :

2004 : Argyle 2-0 QPR - Champions 2004

1996 : Play offs Semi final Vs Colchester 3-1 - we are going to wembley

1986 : Argyle 4-0 Bristol City - Going Up

2002 : Argyle 2-0 Cheltenham - Champions 2002

Sure there are many more !!!!

Green Army :scarf:

Can't say I was present for any of the above :oops: .....

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
Everton 1-1 in the cup (the unintentional burrows arm) 88?
Sadly, that end of season Blackburn / speedie game. 92. Wow, he was a player that day. But 1-0 up, such was hope. Hearing the late Oxford result, crushing. Under a then keen 666 and horizoning mega money of SKY, we might have gone for it and made that prem.

May 22, 2006
Top Five:

7-0 vs Chesterfield.

People are blasé about this game for reasons I can't quite fathom, but my overriding memory of the day is phoning a sick Argo-supporting mate to tell them we were three-nil up, so giddy with the shock that I could barely get the words out, and being 5-0 up by the time I ended the call.

Amazing. We'll see promotions and play-off finals, but we'll probably never see a game like that again. Chesterfield actually came out for the second half to stop any records being broken, but my god. Seven nil.

2-0 vs QPR

Obviously.

3-1 vs Colchester

Obviously.

2-0 vs Lincoln, 2001.
This might be the game that finally put us top, where we stayed for most of the season. There comes a point where the hairs stand on end as you realise that this is going to be one of those seasons. It's a wonderful feeling and it happened at this game. About 4000 of us packed into the Grandstand with the horseshoe just starting to take shape, the feeling of a new era dawning and the almost-certain knowledge that promotion is coming. Lovely.

1-0 vs Shrewsbury 2014
For very personal reasons, one of the happiest days of my life. The quality of the game and its bearing on our season is irrelevant.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Nothing comes near that 3-1 Colchester for me.

THE best football game I've witnessed in 48 years of supporting PAFC.

For those that care about such things it was my 48th anniversary yesterday. :greensmile:

C

Cobi Budge.

Plymouth Argyle 2 QPR 0 even though I don't remember it well.

Plymouth Argyle 3 Bristol City 2.

Plymouth Argyle 3 Sheffield Wednesday 2 purely because I was Pilgrim Pete that day, great fun!

Plymouth Argyle 1 Oxford 1

P

Piran-Pilgrim

4-3 win at HP v Torquay, Adie Littlejohn hat trick Warnock years the season we outclassed teams.

C

Cobi Budge.

GreenArmy1984":2iopv2il said:
Argyle Vs Shrewsbury 1-0 This season - My Directors Experience day With RBL

Living The Dream :scarf:

Thumbs Up :thumbs:

If I was offered a 'directors box experience' I'd turn it down and take my normal seat, sounds awful, but each to their own mate :lol: :thumbup:

Apr 22, 2013
Probably not 'the greatest' in terms of football (though the 1st half was impressive) but one of the proudest was this season's Armed Forces Day v Portsmouth 3-0. Reason- so many people from lots of organisations and from both clubs all pulled together to deliver a memorable event without seeking any personal gain. Despite the meticulous plans of the organisers, the heartfelt spontaneous applause from everyone in the ground just after the silence will stay with me for a very long time.

J

James_Dennis

IJN":kpcbg4r8 said:
Nothing comes near that 3-1 Colchester for me.

THE best football game I've witnessed in 48 years of supporting PAFC.

For those that care about such things it was my 48th anniversary yesterday. :greensmile:

Sometimes I think I'm the only one who rated that game so much, nice to know I'm not alone! I was doing my A-Levels at the time but the stress of all that didn't come close to the tension I felt before the game. The twist of emotions during the game and the unbelievable euphoria afterwards will take some beating. And then you could do it all standing up, too.

Another one for me is when we beat Reading 3-1 during the 'nearly season' of 93-94 - March I think it was. After an adequate first half Argyle came out all guns blazing after half-time and just took the game by the scruff of the neck. Reading didn't know what had hit them. I remember -as a naive 16 year old - singing "We are by far the greatest team the world has ever seen" and kind of believing every word!

Congrats on the anniversary, by the way. Take it you mean anniversary of watching Argyle, BTW?

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Cobi Budge.":sk56oneg said:
GreenArmy1984":sk56oneg said:

If I was offered a 'directors box experience' I'd turn it down and take my normal seat, sounds awful, but each to their own mate :lol: :thumbup:
Out of interest, what is it that sounds awful about it?

C

Cobi Budge.

Argy1e":2p5bg55h said:
Cobi Budge.":2p5bg55h said:
GreenArmy1984":2p5bg55h said:

If I was offered a 'directors box experience' I'd turn it down and take my normal seat, sounds awful, but each to their own mate :lol:
Out of interest, what is it that sounds awful about it?

Having a prawn sandwich & sitting still in a little wooden seat with JB and the crew. Much rather have an Ivors pasty & stand singing in the Devonport :scarf:

P

Piran-Pilgrim

8-1 v Hartlepool away Richard Landon (3)

Great journey back.

Status
Not open for further replies.