Have your say on the catering at Home Park | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Have your say on the catering at Home Park

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
I didn't realise there was any catering unless you count serving pasties from a hot cabinet. I'm pretty sure they're not made on the premises.

Mar 9, 2011
I put a couple of suggestions in the comments section but I don't know if it would help or not - with regards to getting the queues down a lot quicker??

1. To get 2 different sets of queues on the go - ie one queue for beer / food only and a second queue for hot drinks and / or food only. Or dependent on how many actually serve behind the counters, 2 queues for each of those.

2. To maybe trial people selling cold drinks / snacks at the front of the stands (wearing something colourful to make them stand out as the sellers)

I haven't personally used a food outlet for a fair few years, but I've seen how large the queues can get :crazy:

N

newquaygreen

why not sell drinks/instant food in the stands from portable stations?

Moleman

✅ Evergreen
Feb 19, 2006
Plymouth
It's a tough one for sure, the main problem is the design of the "new" stands where this is just not enough room to move around freely or to have tables or benches to put a drink down or a pasty etc. Also the refusal to pour out a beer before the half time whistle has sounded makes the queue for anything horrendous! Why they don't pour out a certain amount of drinks ready for the HT rush is beyond me. We see it done at several other grounds.

Survey completed by the way, had an email.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
I think the idea MK had was decent (although it was roundly criticised), I think they have an app where you can order food from your seat and then you go and collect it when it's ready, no need for queues. Apart from for people like me who don't have a smart phone) but it would certainly reduce the size of the queues anyway.

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
To ease the queue in the Grandstand all they need to do is open the second kiosk,it causes mayhem at half time when the prawn sandwich brigade go to the board room from the directors box and the fans going the opposite way to get a cuppa.

Both Martyn Starnes and James Brent have said they would sort out this problem, as per usual empty promises.

Mar 9, 2011
Argy1e":1ftd55vu said:
I think the idea MK had was decent (although it was roundly criticised), I think they have an app where you can order food from your seat and then you go and collect it when it's ready, no need for queues. Apart from for people like me who don't have a smart phone) but it would certainly reduce the size of the queues anyway.
Aah, I didn’t realise this. So that’s what the trial is about. Same position, I don’t have a smartphone so wouldn’t be able to help trial it or use this if it's introduced.

Dec 3, 2005
dunlop":2417xzj9 said:
To ease the queue in the Grandstand all they need to do is open the second kiosk,it causes mayhem at half time when the prawn sandwich brigade go to the board room from the directors box and the fans going the opposite way to get a cuppa.

Both Martyn Starnes and James Brent have said they would sort out this problem, as per usual empty promises.

Thought it was back open? Certainly was a few games back, have to shut it again? if so its a terrible decision.

Mar 8, 2009
Hampshire
It was open for Pompey with a bigger crowd, but not again since. It just needs somebody to open it for 15 minutes at half-time when the queues are so long.

Mar 27, 2013
BIDEFORD NORTH DEVON
I would like to see a COSTA COFFEE outlet at home park :scarf:

Can't beat a Costa !!! :thumbs:

Other than that can't beat pasty & a Beer plus entertainment at The Fanfest
Thanks to The Green Taverners :thumbs:

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Lundan Cabbie":aurnxzs4 said:
I didn't realise there was any catering unless you count serving pasties from a hot cabinet. I'm pretty sure they're not made on the premises.
Quote direct from Goddard, Borough Green, Kent. Sean says: “We are so excited to be the sole providers of pies to Crystal Palace fans and players and are especially proud of our special Cronx Steak & Ale pie. As a business that goes back over 120 years and with roots firmly in South London, this collaboration will put Goddard’s pies in the hands of many more locals than ever before. Couple that with the excitement of Premiership football coming back to South East London, we feel it will be a great season all round.” So it looks like their pies are not cooked on the premiises either. Add to that the high quality of the food served in the Tribute at Home Park, this begins to look a bit like "people in glass houses" or a lack of knowledge.