Why is Bobby back on corners? | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Why is Bobby back on corners?

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
I think you will find that the reason for the delay in him coming back was Sheridan having to agree to let him take every free-kick and corner.

There is no other obvious explanation as to why he has to take them all, it's certainly not because he poses a threat with them.

Or is it because he is the only Argyle player who can guarantee to put the ball straight on the head of the first defender at the near post every time.

At least twice again today, Morecambe broke quickly for one of Reid's corners and nearly scored.

Yet another example of Sheridan's coaching and tactics, win a corner, bring all the big defenders up and then get caught on the break because of the crap delivery. We concede so many goals from corners and free-kicks but we are absolutely rubbish at them ourselves.

Liam Vercoe

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 27, 2010
TomLannigan":265a4hek said:
We need our corners to cause absolute mayhem in the box. Sadly this can't happen if they don't even reach the middle of the box.

Or clear the first man on numerous occasions.

Sep 23, 2014
plymouth
Because he thinks he is better than he is, if he was any good he would be in the Bristol side, we have conceded so many goals from corners this season you would think Sheridan would know how corners should be delivered, corners and free kicks should be taken off him, floated corners are a no, no, plays right into the keepers hands.

Jul 23, 2008
St.Austell
After every single corner last week went straight to Luton's 'keeper or McNulty in the 6 yard box I thought they couldn't get any worse, then I saw some of todays...