Do you want Sheridan to continue as manager? | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Do you want Sheridan to continue as manager?

Do you want John Sheridan to continue as manager?

• Yes

Votes: 100 44.1%
  • No

Votes: 127 55.9%

• Total voters
Mar 21, 2008
For me, the problem with Sheridan is that he needs a team/squad much better than the standard required to achieve, it was the same at Chesterfield when he got promoted he was carried by Craig Davies that was/is miles too good for this division. We should be better than we are with the players we have, he's good at identifying the gaps and recruitment is ok for the most part but he doesn't get the most out of them as a whole unit, we're not as good as the sum of our parts.

Mar 23, 2008
He is not looking like getting us out of this division and whilst he won't go, he should so it's a big no from me.

J

just_ste

I want him out,I have no enthusiasm to go to Home Park with him in charge,fed up of his lack of tactics etc,its so boring and I aint spending my wages on it

Mar 8, 2009
Hampshire
100% yes. If we finish outside the top 7 at the end of the season, that's when we can definiely determine no progress is being made and a replacement is needed. Until then, however, Sheridan deserves a vote of confidence that he can fulfill his promises.

P

Paul_Roberts

soccerpilgrim":xo61magi said:
100% yes. If we finish outside the top 7 at the end of the season, that's when we can definiely determine no progress is being made and a replacement is needed. Until then, however, Sheridan deserves a vote of confidence that he can fulfill his promises.

I tend to agree with this. As alarming as our slump is, we're still only a single point from a playoff spot. If the gap gets much bigger, though, then surely a change will have to be made. We've now been in this division for four stinking years; failure to go up this season will make it five, which will be a club record for time spent in the basement.

Mar 23, 2008
Paul_Roberts":rpfyw9j6 said:
soccerpilgrim":rpfyw9j6 said:

I tend to agree with this. As alarming as our slump is, we're still only a single point from a playoff spot. If the gap gets much bigger, though, then surely a change will have to be made. We've now been in this division for four stinking years; failure to go up this season will make it five and a club record for time spent in the basement.
Our current situation reminds me of our last spell in this league with Sheridan the modern version of Hodges keeping us floating in mid table. Last time it was the mercurial Sturrock mk 1 who came in and got us promoted. My feeling is that whoever Sheridans succesor is they will have a similar gig, let's hope it plays out equally as successful as Sturrock. Interestingly Phil Brown was very glowing in his praise of Graham Coughlan as a coach in an interview I saw today....

Apr 28, 2013
It's just so unbelievably boring to watch us play now. I don't even think Sheridan uses tactics to be honest. We can't take throw ins, or defend any set pieces..does he even do training? Also, today when we gave the ball to them, and they should have scored that one on one, he just stood there and said nothing.. :facepalm:

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
No. I still wouldn't entirely rule out top seven if he remains as manager but at the same time, if we got someone in who knows how to get the best out of a squad then it'd be nigh on certain.

J

Jambo

Yes. Every time we have a bad spell of form these polls rear their ugly head. There's no sense in changing the manager now in my opinion, who is available who could do a better job? Not to mention the compensation we'd have to pay off to get rid of Sheridan. Let's just see where we are in May. The playoffs are still well within our reach

Ed

Dec 1, 2008
Paul_Roberts":3tc50jko said:
soccerpilgrim":3tc50jko said:

I tend to agree with this. As alarming as our slump is, we're still only a single point from a playoff spot. If the gap gets much bigger, though, then surely a change will have to be made. We've now been in this division for four stinking years; failure to go up this season will make it five, which will be a club record for time spent in the basement.

There's only one play off spot that's 1 point away though, the next one's 6. Our current position is not particularly promising. I don't want to end up with only one play off spae realistically available and several other clubs to compete against for it. If we don't sort this slump out soon however that will be the situation we face. I think Sheridan should go, I don't think he will but I think he should. We've clearly got a team capable of seriously competing in this league, we saw that in the autumn, but Sheridan has never managed to bring consistent good results, throughout his time here we've always taken as almost as many steps back as we've taken forward. I don't believe that he will get us promoted out of this division this season or any other.