Do you want James Brent to continue as Chairman/Owner? | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Do you want James Brent to continue as Chairman/Owner?

Do you want JB to continue as Chairman/Owner

• Yes

Votes: 168 75.7%
  • NO

Votes: 54 24.3%

• Total voters

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
A daft question really. If Sheridan was sacked there would probably be 80 or so people applying for his job. If Brent said he wished to sell the club there would hardly be a stampede of interested buyers, certainly not if the rumours of what he is seeking for what is left of the club and it's debts are true. He has failed to deliver on virtually everything he has become involved in off the field but at least things have progressed on the field even if still it would appear to be less so than what we might expect all things taken into account. I reckon he would walk away quite happily if he could recoup what he has put in but that would be highly unlikely to attract a potential buyer. It is frustrating that Argyle as a club seems unable to attract a serious big investor when it has I would have thought far more potential to compete higher up the scale than the Brentford, Bournemouth and Fleetwoods of this world.

F

Frazer Lloyd-Davies

Is this for real?

Sorry, but can anybody who doesn't want James Brent to be Chairman please explain why?

And before someone goes off on one about the stadium, I'd like them to tell me how they'd develop Home Park, given the enormity of the task and both the local and national economic climate, whilst making a profit themselves, and the club money.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Im not sure even though I voted yes out of annoyance.

What I di know for sure is that every time we get a good feeling about the club something happens bot long after to knock us all back down to mediocre and unconvincing news both on and off the pitch.

Mar 1, 2008
The saviours of the club, for me, will always be those staff who were prepared to sacrifice a deferral in payment of wages. As for whom, their livelihoods depended on that money.

Feb 25, 2011
Saltash
The club will owe James Brent a lot of money if and when he decides to go.

It is hard to see anyone with that sort of money appearing anytime soon.

I believe The AFT are in discussions with the club regarding off the field matters, I look forward to reading the minutes of their recent meeting when they are released.

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
Phil Sloggett":kjxadts4 said:

I believe The AFT are in discussions with the club regarding off the field matters, I look forward to reading the minutes of their recent meeting when they are released.
when was that meeting Phil?

Apr 15, 2008
London
I'd rather have an owner with a better vision for the club (or any sort of vision for that matter) and money to invest (waste), yes. So far JB's tenure has been slapdash at best. But who is this imaginary person? For that reason, this poll is a bit pointless... it's not as simple as sacking a manager or dropping a player to the reserves.

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
crownhillpilgrim":21buqgth said:
I'd rather have an owner with a better vision for the club (or any sort of vision for that matter) and money to invest (waste), yes. So far JB's tenure has been slapdash at best. But who is this imaginary person? For that reason, this poll is a bit pointless... it's not as simple as sacking a manager or dropping a player to the reserves.
Spot on.

Feb 25, 2011
Saltash
LG":1thgvsdm said:
Phil Sloggett":1thgvsdm said:

when was that meeting Phil?

I don't know exactly but expect that GreenSam could give us a brief update on the work that The Trust is doing (assuming he can give details and is happy to do so of course)?

I believe they were planning to meet Mr Starnes during January.