Best Away Days | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Best Away Days

Jan 6, 2004
Following on from the HP thread.

3-2 win at Swindon - despair to elation in the space of a few minutes
Beating Holloway's Leicester just after he had left us to join them.

Nov 28, 2014
Sheffield Wednesday 2003/04. We won 3-1 in a midweek game. Travelled up on the day, got there late and after the match found somewhere to eat. Sitting in a take away car park after the game listening to 606 and despite Manchester United having played Rangers, the majority of calls were from those fellow Pilgrims who had witnessed a great night. Two Argyle legends messrs Friio and Wotton got the goals. Great night and it all ended so well with promotion at the end of the season to the Championship. Whilst only eleven and a half years ago it feels like it was a dream and a lifetime ago.

Nov 4, 2012
Hemmings 90th minute the Rovers 3-2.

Favourite away goal was Fletcher's screamer in the 90th minute against Shrewsbury. Purely because it was our first game back in League 2 with virtually every player making their debut in front of 1300 Away fans. We made some noise that day.

Liam Vercoe

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 27, 2010
Wish I could contribute, we've never won an away game when I've been there! We rarely win the home ones either mind ;) but the best that I've been to has probably got to be the 3-3 with Pompey last season.

Mar 9, 2011
Watford 1-0 thanks to an 89th(?) minute goal by David Norris.

Also remember our non stop chanting in the second half, going crazy when we got the goal and clapping one of their players during half time (can't remember his name now) who was subject to being deported because of his work permit / visa (or something like that) - and the Watford fans appreciating our support for him.

ChepstowGreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
♣️ SWAG Member
Jade Berrow 23/24
May 1, 2006
Not best away day in its entirety but one of the best moments was Jock Morrison leathering the ball into a section of the Swindon crowd who had been giving him stick.

1991ish??

Absolute classic :funny:

Jan 6, 2004
I was at that Watford game, cannot remember much about it, but do remember the immigration thing.

Another one, opening day win at Reading, 4,000 Green Army, I remember getting off the train and being forced into a particular "away pub" even though we wanted to go into the town and get something decent for lunch. First time in my life I felt the Police were "them" against "us".

On similar theme, away v Luton in the the early 2000s. Cannot remember the result but it was the Joe Kinnear era, the march back to the station with a helicopter overhead and horses on each side was quite an experience...

Mar 22, 2012
Coming back from 2 down at HT at Rovers to win 3-2 for the second time (in two years). Just because it seemed laughable that lightening could strike twice :crazy:

Think it may have been boxing day as well.

Voice of Reason

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
Excuse my spelling Sue, but i'm pretty sure the lad you are talking about was called Al Bangherua - i dont quite remember the full story.

What was remarkable, was that he was being ushered around the ground and by all accounts the plan was not to come past the away end, as they had assumed he'd not a similarly warm reception as he did from the home fans. However, almost to a man (or woman/child) every Argyle fan started to sing his name, the lad just broke down in sheer dis-belief, i think most of the Watford fans were fairly stunned too.

It was an amazing atmosphere.

Sheff Weds away for me too, we absolutely played them off the park, every Wednesday fan i heard outside the ground were saying "they'll walk this league" and not one single Argyle fan disagreed, we were that good.

Sep 23, 2014
plymouth
Derby County ,FACup, Quarter final replay, 1984 a Wednesday night , won 1-0, didn't think we would get out of the baseball ground alive, their fans were ripping out their seats and throwing them down on us behind the goal

C

Cobi Budge.

Plenty to pick from, I've tried to arrange these in order of date from memory but a few might be wrong.

1) West Ham 5 Argyle 0 - this is my one and mine alone, had a ground tour that day & Teddy Sheringham and Luke Mccormick randomly took me out into the empty Upton Park before KO to have a kick around, great memory.

2) Reading 1 Argyle 2 - I believe it was Nick Chadwick with the last minute goal to send 4000 of us wild.

3) Forest 0 Argyle 3 - An interesting ground tour followed by a fine display.

4) Cardiff 0 Argyle 2 - might have been boxing day, good win that, always liked Ninian park, lots of character.

5) Crewe 1 Argyle 2 - both goals from Wotton & the day I discovered the world's best fish and chip shop.

6) Hull City 1 Argyle 2 - Enjoyed that away day, great way to conclude a season, both sets of fans applauded each other.

7) Watford 0 Argyle 1 - David Norris winning it in the 89th min, wild scenes.

8) Arsenal 3 Argyle 1 - obvious reasons.

9) Wolves 0 Argyle 1 - Wolves were top, Gallagher opened the scoring in the first minute with an overhead kick, we then held.on for 90 minutes, that clock couldn't have ticked much slower.

10) Bristol City 1 Argyle 2 - super Rab Douglas.

11) Shrewsbury 1 Argyle 1 - that goal from Fletcher, what a magical moment.

12) Portsmouth 3 Argyle 3 - just a really good game and atmosphere.