Norburn | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Norburn

C

Cobi Budge.

Can someone shed some light as to why the lively but unfortunately rather useless Olly Lee was preferred to Norburn yesterday? Still carrying an injury?

Even so, if he was fit enough to be on the bench, he was surely fit enough to play a portion, I didn't understand why on earth the manager thought, in a must win game, that playing a tall, slightly awkward CB in central midfield would be a better option than bringing Ollie on.

Some will dispute this, but in my view, Norburn is one of the best if not the best outfield player we have, I've never seen him perform poorly, quite underrated and he'd be (bar Luke) the first name on my team sheet. Hope he plays at Hartlepool next to Cox.

Dec 28, 2010
Norburn is a good player in my opinion, best played in a midfield three where he can turn and surge forward with support from the other two in the centre.

But if played in a centre midfield two then he loses out to Cox in my opinion.

Mar 23, 2008
Agreed I like him and for me he's a much better player than Lee who has been very average in his first two games.

L

leisureplymouth

I went to the development game and Norburn seemed fine. Didn't know what injury he was carrying but performed well. I cant understand why Sheridan bought in a new Cm when he go Reid back, cox, blizzard ok is injured norburn ok is injured and other midfielders. I think we need o Connor back

Jan 13, 2015
Another player that's had the ability coached out of him under Sheridan like many before him.
The quality of player the manager is bringing in is going from bad to worse so the sooner we replace Sheridan the better chance we have of promotion.

Feb 21, 2011
Can't see what all the Norburn love is about, pretty average player in my view. Lee was just sat in front of the CB's Saturday never a role that catches the eye so an easy target for criticism. We miss O'Connor and Hartley our bad run has coincided with Hartleys injury which resulted in O'Connor moving to CB and obviously a rehuffle in midfield. Get Hartley fit has to be the priority in my opinion.

C

Cobi Budge.

Fair, all a matter of opinions but I personally think we look a far better and more creative team when Norburn is involved.

He also takes good corners, whips them in with pace, we've scored 3 goals direct from corners this season, Norburn has provided 2 of them despite Reid taking 4 times as many as Norburn.

StroudGreen

♣️ PASTA Member
Dec 27, 2010
Stroud
Cobi Budge.":27gjjuka said:
Can someone shed some light as to why the lively but unfortunately rather useless Olly Lee was preferred to Norburn yesterday? Still carrying an injury?

Even so, if he was fit enough to be on the bench, he was surely fit enough to play a portion, I didn't understand why on earth the manager thought, in a must win game, that playing a tall, slightly awkward CB in central midfield would be a better option than bringing Ollie on.

Some will dispute this, but in my view, Norburn is one of the best if not the best outfield player we have, I've never seen him perform poorly, quite underrated and he'd be (bar Luke) the first name on my team sheet. Hope he plays at Hartlepool next to Cox.

Have to agree with all this Cobi.

Feb 21, 2011
Cobi Budge.":60p0ymfh said:
Fair, all a matter of opinions but I personally think we look a far better and more creative team when Norburn is involved.

He also takes good corners, whips them in with pace, we've scored 3 goals direct from corners this season, Norburn has provided 2 of them despite Reid taking 4 times as many as Norburn.
Yeah fair one wasn't Hartley on the end of two of them.

Jan 13, 2015
Steve.PAFC2012":3ls0e8an said:
I rate Norburn highly. Good tackler and can pick some quality passes.

Miles better than Young IMO.
You need to move on and Let it go Steve he left in the summer...your hatred of young is as bad as Budges love of Super Luke? :thumbs: