What has changed | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

What has changed

Jan 6, 2004
Can somebody explain to me in simple terms how the side that blew Portsmouth away with a brand of football that seemed on a far higher level then league two have fallen so far so quickly? What has changed? Tactics seem pretty much the same, players are pretty much the same. Is it just down to individual form? Teams sussing us out? I am stumped.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
i think we are very easy to work out.keep rueben quiet and you usually won't get beaten by argyle.should have played tyler harvey regularly,a natural centre forward in my opinion.

Argyle Nutter

Golf Liaison Officer ⛳️
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
On the sunny side of the street
Steve Evans":25by0b2y said:
i think we are very easy to work out.keep rueben quiet and you usually won't get beaten by argyle.should have played tyler harvey regularly,a natural centre forward in my opinion.

:yawn:

G

Greenskin

Argyle Nutter":1424lbwi said:
Steve Evans":1424lbwi said:

:yawn:

:lol:

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Green_Flash":2s882u2b said:
Can somebody explain to me in simple terms how the side that blew Portsmouth away with a brand of football that seemed on a far higher level then league two have fallen so far so quickly? What has changed? Tactics seem pretty much the same, players are pretty much the same. Is it just down to individual form? Teams sussing us out? I am stumped.

Sometimes a team has a period where they play above themselves. ;)

Obviously I meant that in a trolling way but in all seriousness, football supporters of all teams somehow see their team's better performances as to what should be the norm. It doesn't always follow though.

Dec 19, 2009
If we don't have our best 11 available then we just aren't good enough, simple as that I'd say. Injuries and the loss of the 3 loanees have made this oh so obvious in recent weeks. If we can't field McCormick, Mellor, Nelson, McHugh, Hartley, Kellett, O'Conner, Reid, Cox (Blizzard), Alessandra and Reid for most of our remaining games then the play-offs will be beyond us.

Mar 23, 2008
Reids loss of form has coincided with the teams loss of form. People talk about the loanies but we are so reliant on RR goals and hold up play, evidenced by the performances over the last month or so. With no goals from anywhere else on the pitch we need RR to score and more than that lead the line.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
We haven't been the same since Bentley got himself sent off. That blow and the resulting second half collapse has done our confidence no favours. We lack ideas going forward maybe that is down to a lack of confidence to do something special?

We need that first win, that spark. Reuben's goal on Saturday against the run of play could have been it, go in at half-time leading then come out in the second-half full of confidence. Sadly injuries to our key players put an end to that...

Jan 6, 2004
I agree, the team is very reliant on Reuben, and when he is not on top form, the team struggles (a bit like Trigger- although he was more consistent, if less prolific). The form of Mellor also seems a major factor to me. When he is at his marauding best, so are Argyle.

Apr 1, 2009
The whole point is nothing has changed. We play much the same players with much the same tactics each week. We are thus totally predictable and everyone's worked us out.

You have to keep changing (at least a little) to maintain some unpredictability and stay ahead. Our manager doesn't really do change.

Feb 26, 2011
Loss in confidence is the soul reason for me. When you lose your 2 main centre backs to injury, lose loan signings back to parent clubs and then they return again it's disrupts the make up of the squad. Ruben has come into slight dip in form. This is why I think Brunt has been brought in to take some of the pressure of Ruben. So he can hold up the play letting Ruben do his thing.
We will get back there come the end of the month I think. Once we have a settled squad again after the window closes next week. I would like to see us off load the likes of Morgan, loan Tyler, Thomas, Bentley and maybe Alan if possible but with recall clauses. Just to give then some valuable first team football as our development of players will not progress if they are not playing 90mins each week. These lads need to play regular football and with Torquay just up the road surely this is the perfect opportunity for us to get them playing football each week?
I am absolutely positive in my mind Shezza is the guy to lead this club on with his current staff and JB in the directors box as well, I am not at all worried about our current form and still believe we will be a top 7 side come the of the season. Stay positive people... The Greens are going up!!

C

Cobi Budge.

Reid's poor form has been a problem, good to see him back on the score sheet on Saturday but apart from that he lost the ball with pretty much every touch, he's not been playing at his best for a while now, and with no goals coming from anywhere else, we have been a little stuck.

We enjoy plenty of possession in the opposition half but pretty much as soon as we get to the edge of the box we freeze and run out of ideas, this wasn't a problem earlier in the season.

I've also noticed Mellor has stopped getting forward, what happened to the Mellor who tore apart Pompey?

Sep 23, 2014
plymouth
Hartley is a big loss, he seems to gel the team together, always talking and organising, on top of that with O'Connor gone as well I think the midfield has lost confidence to attack, with them two behind them they felt secure to do so.

Apr 9, 2011
With Luke out possibly for a while, is a big big blow & can only make our defensive problems worse, also agree our downturn has coincided with RR s lack of form