Fans Forum 28th February | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Fans Forum 28th February

Apr 15, 2008
London
Knarf Reprah":2gs30vze said:
no need to apologise, I'm not interested in attending, waste of time so couldn't give a dam when it's held or where. What I meant was the usual forty or so will attend, no one else is really bothered they just wish to see a successful Argo end of.

:lol:

Apr 1, 2009
stewthenoo":14oxwfjz said:
xmastree":14oxwfjz said:
Knarf Reprah":14oxwfjz said:
If it's like the last non event about forty will be there.....the usual culprits

That's the point. Nice and cosy, with the regular faces. Keep it at an inconvenient time to keep the numbers down. This sort of engagement with fans should be welcomed, but it would be welcomed a lot more if consideration was given to when it was convenient for more fans to attend.

So then, Frank, Mr tree, when and where would YOU have it? Perhaps you would like to organise everyone's diary for them?

Oh, don't be too disappointed when others criticise your choice of time and place.

Apologies for picking on just you two. I had only read page 1. Other moaners are available..........

As a moaner who has sometimes moaned about others not responding to my points I'll reply!

My post was partly an effort at more efficient fan engagement (as well as a moan, so no apology needed). People demand these Q and A's and the Brent Board, to their credit, do provide them. Yet attendance numbers are pretty small and, as others have said, it tends to be the same people. I wrote to the club making this point last time, and received a response that made talked of the unavailability of the GT Suite owing to the Fanfest and also (validly) said that Board members had other commitments later in the day.

I believe by varying the times of Q and A's you would open up the opportunity for others (notably myself) to attend occasionally. I don't necessarily think that they all have to be on matchdays. Naturally different times suit different people and I certainly wouldn't take offense if times that suit me weren't appropriate for others.!

I honestly don't have a particular venue in mind - I think ruling out alternative timings purely on the basis of no venue being available would be fairly feeble.

Whilst I am quite happy to admit to the crime of moaning, I am by no means unique amongst Argyle fans. Where I differ from some is in wanting to be able to attend these forums sometimes, in order to articulate my moans!

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
xmastree":5q2wdj5s said:
stewthenoo":5q2wdj5s said:
xmastree":5q2wdj5s said:
Knarf Reprah":5q2wdj5s said:
If it's like the last non event about forty will be there.....the usual culprits

That's the point. Nice and cosy, with the regular faces. Keep it at an inconvenient time to keep the numbers down. This sort of engagement with fans should be welcomed, but it would be welcomed a lot more if consideration was given to when it was convenient for more fans to attend.

So then, Frank, Mr tree, when and where would YOU have it? Perhaps you would like to organise everyone's diary for them?

Oh, don't be too disappointed when others criticise your choice of time and place.

Apologies for picking on just you two. I had only read page 1. Other moaners are available..........

As a moaner who has sometimes moaned about others not responding to my points I'll reply!

My post was partly an effort at more efficient fan engagement (as well as a moan, so no apology needed). People demand these Q and A's and the Brent Board, to their credit, do provide them. Yet attendance numbers are pretty small and, as others have said, it tends to be the same people. I wrote to the club making this point last time, and received a response that made talked of the unavailability of the GT Suite owing to the Fanfest and also (validly) said that Board members had other commitments later in the day.

I believe by varying the times of Q and A's you would open up the opportunity for others (notably myself) to attend occasionally. I don't necessarily think that they all have to be on matchdays. Naturally different times suit different people and I certainly wouldn't take offense if times that suit me weren't appropriate for others.!

I honestly don't have a particular venue in mind - I think ruling out alternative timings purely on the basis of no venue being available would be fairly feeble.

Whilst I am quite happy to admit to the crime of moaning, I am by no means unique amongst Argyle fans. Where I differ from some is in wanting to be able to attend these forums sometimes, in order to articulate my moans!

Personally, I genuinely doubt that changing times will turn 40 into 400 . The lot of the football fan is to enjoy a good moan but not to have to leave the sofa or the pub to do it. Unless the proverbials are really hitting the fan.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
pearces greens":139pu9fe said:
Abbotts Ann Green":139pu9fe said:
This thread sums up PASOTI for me. It's like an old people's home full of old gifts moaning endlessly.
shut up and drink you Horlicks :thumbs:

How many times do I have to tell you??!! I don't like Horlicks, I want Ovaltine!! :furious:

;) :lol:

and never look an old gift in the mouth!!

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Bump!

Mood likely to be a bit more upbeat than when this was announced.

Wonder if the Board will have a Grandstand update at all?

B

Baby Face Johnson

Andrew Owen":25qdkcan said:
There was a live stream last time. I wonder if that will happen again?

I would suspect that for off the field matters, they could just put the last video on infinite loop.

Dec 17, 2005
Plymouth
Last time I felt that of the all people there, the majority just listened to the few who asked questions.
It might be a good idea if anybody who cannot make the meeting put their questions here, so that if/when the questions dry up, people can ask questions on your behalf.
I feel there is is only 2 important questions that can be asked at present.

Grandstand, when or will it be built
Clearing liabilities next year

Have I forgotten anything?
I feel that it will be hard to make the meeting last an hour asking worthwhile questions.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Season tickets for season 2015-2016 to stay at the same price as this season if we stay in League Two, early bird and finance deals available.

If we are promoted to League One season ticket cost will increase BUT if bought before promotion, through the early bird deal etc, the cost will stay the same as this season.

Due to PCC elections no news expected on grandstand/HHP before the summer. If Bretonside goes ahead HHP development will cease.

Around £500,000 left of £1.6m balloon payment.

Talbot not available for play-offs as a loan player, THD is available but could be recalled. Bobby Reid is available for play-offs, Lee's deal is still being worked on but is not expected to be available for play-offs.

The FA wouldn't allow Argyle to use Birmingham's games (3 games in a week) as Lee's 3 game suspension.

Plans in place for supporters bar, no concrete news yet. Possible repair to Far Post Club.

Temporary seating on Mayflower terrace not financially viable.

Players aged 18-21 not getting games unless in first team. Other clubs have the same problem, the under 21 league is not the answer. No solution as yet but club is working with Football League.
Under 18 teams are regularly playing.

Replica shirt sales - minimum order with Puma is 1,000. Difficult to judge success of shirts and amount to re-order (a 1,000 shirts for each order) balance to be found with not enough shirts in stock or too much stock, shirt sales are 30% up.

Mar 27, 2013
BIDEFORD NORTH DEVON
Listened to the fans forum at home in North Devon via the link on OS on my iphone

Very positive Fans Forum with season tickets deal for next season

Talks on going regarding the New grandstand

Most importantly the team are doing well on the pitch !!!

Come On You Greens :thumbs:

Promotion 2015 :scarf:

Jun 16, 2006
PL2 3DQ":1qgp19sc said:
Season tickets for season 2015-2016 to stay at the same price as this season if we stay in League Two, early bird and finance deals available.

If we are promoted to League One season ticket cost will increase BUT if bought before promotion, through the early bird deal etc, the cost will stay the same as this season.

Due to PCC elections no news expected on grandstand/HHP before the summer. If Bretonside goes ahead HHP development will cease.

Around £300,000-£500,000 has been knocked off the balloon payment.

Talbot not available for play-offs as a loan player, THD is available but could be recalled. Bobby Reid is available for play-offs, Lee's deal is still being worked on but is not expected to be available for play-offs.

The FA wouldn't allow Argyle to use Birmingham's games (3 games in a week) as Lee's 3 game suspension.

Plans in place for supporters bar, no concrete news yet. Possible repair to Far Post Club.

Temporary seating on Mayflower terrace not financially viable.

Players aged 18-21 not getting games unless in first team. Other clubs have the same problem, the under 21 league is not the answer. No solution as yet but club is working with Football League.
Under 18 teams are regularly playing.

Replica shirt sales - minimum order with Puma is 1,000. Difficult to judge success of shirts and amount to re-order (a 1,000 shirts for each order) balance to be found with not enough shirts in stock or too much stock, shirt sales are 30% up.

Missed the opening statement about balloon payment, but in Q&A was stated that only £500K left out of £1.6M, which is good news.

It was mentioned that segregation for remaining games would be looked at.

PS: Apologies that dress joke was taken wrong way by admin

Apr 30, 2011
Forest of Dean Green":13ey8jvg said:
xmastree":13ey8jvg said:
stewthenoo":13ey8jvg said:
xmastree":13ey8jvg said:
Knarf Reprah":13ey8jvg said:

Personally, I genuinely doubt that changing times will turn 40 into 400 . The lot of the football fan is to enjoy a good moan but not to have to leave the sofa or the pub to do it. Unless the proverbials are really hitting the fan.

I think it's reflected through out society. People love to moan but (most) do very little to change what it is they are moaning about.