Argyle Official Tweets v Exeter | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle Official Tweets v Exeter

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
See the Official Argyle Tweets are coming in for some criticism for the partisan tweets it came out with on Saturday.

I never read them on match days to be honest, but reading back as I have earlier it was great to see such biased and heart felt tweets.

Great to see, and great to know that the people at PAFC media are as green as most of us on here.

Sad to see attention seeking prats slagging off the PAFC (little hint there) people for being chuffed for the football club they love.

Keep it up guys and sod the idiots.

:scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

Feb 22, 2008
Mainly Saltash
Indeed.

I remember that gentleman when he used to post here, haven't seen him for a while.

Sanctimonious and attention seeking are the words that spring to mind.

Enjoy the glory while you can.

:scarf:

Seems like we are gloating too much according to someone on the twitter feed on here, Devon is still green which was put today yesterday and Sunday. Yes we won massive result for many reasons.... but lets move on now we know we are the biggest team in Devon we don't need to gloat about it.

Bigger game on Saturday to be honest.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Agreed Carl, we've proved something and now we've moved on, but Saturday was a day for all fans (well at least I thought so) to gloat and that includes the fans that work in our Media Dept.

I saw Rick Cowdrey hug Luke when he came off on Saturday, was that "rubbing it in" as well? - Jeez, some people really are up their own sphincters.

C

Connor Clarke

Has anybody actually complained about Saturday's tweets?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
spowell92":hn7b0s70 said:
Connor Clarke":hn7b0s70 said:

Nope. But why let the truth get in the way?

Before you get lippy Sam you really should check your facts. You'll end up looking silly else.

nikkk

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 8, 2011
spowell92":2wbx7t4c said:
Connor Clarke":2wbx7t4c said:

mmmm Just take a look at the twitter links from this site !! :facepalm:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Womble":1h1vdjrr said:
Connor Clarke":1h1vdjrr said:

No no-one has. People are just stirring, sad seeing we should all be behind the team.

Perhaps 'getting behind the club' would be good as well eh?

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
IJN":29x5cpk2 said:
spowell92":29x5cpk2 said:
Connor Clarke":29x5cpk2 said:

Before you get lippy Sam you really should check your facts. You'll end up looking silly else.

I'm pretty confident in believing you're referring to Roger, as I've seen the "outrage" vented towards him on twitter this evening. He's found the club unprofessional in its constant gloating after our win on Saturday. As Carl said, it was Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Today. There's a point when you've gotta say the joke's been over done a bit.

I'm generally not bothered by the twitter feed's antics, after it was criticised by MANY on here for it's unprofessional nickname line ups and often lame jokes. I think the media team on the whole are doing excellent work this season with Charlie's matchday moments and recently us Argyle player subscribers have had quality extended highlights to enjoy (that's really really appreciated if whoever is involved in that reads this). However, I do believe that the way we're milking Saturday's win, by not reveling in our achievement but trying to wind up Exeter fans, is pretty unsporting and distasteful in victory. A good ribbing after full-time, sure. But several days later just becomes a bit obsessive.

Ian, if you can show me genuine complaints of Saturday's tweets then fine and I'll apologise, but I've not seen that and the timing of this thread seems mightily coincidental...