England U20 international at Home Park | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

England U20 international at Home Park

Jul 14, 2008
Good news for Argyle and Plymouth in general I think. On another note why on earth of Aidy Boothroyd in charge of the Under 20's? A failed League 2 manager who likes to play a completely outdated direct style of football.

Jan 3, 2013
Herts_Green":1le0t3qq said:
Good news for Argyle and Plymouth in general I think. On another note why on earth of Aidy Boothroyd in charge of the Under 20's? A failed League 2 manager who likes to play a completely outdated direct style of football.
Jobs for the boys again

Sep 28, 2003
London
Herts_Green":13nk280s said:

Everything that's wrong with English football, right there in a nutshell.

We complain about an absence of technique, tactical awareness etc, but then put Aidy Boothroyd and Stuart Pearce in charge of critical age groups.

Laughable, really!

Feb 18, 2015
Was it an England under 21 game when Home Park was invaded by Wolves fans hoping to see Andy Mutch and Steve Bull together? Would look it up but scared to see how long ago it was.....late 80's? They had their own end didn't they? What a partnership that was.

Good news re: England at HP although I share concerns regarding Boothroyd. Surely England have learned that you should have a footballing style of play that is replicated throughout. That point remains true of good club sides as well.

Any way what is there not to like about a cheap family day out being inspired by the stars of tomorrow?

Jun 23, 2011
Plymouth
Herts_Green":708fawux said:

My thoughts exactly - great news for the club and might head down there myself, but what the hell is Boothroyd doing in such an important role?

May 22, 2006
Dawlish Warren":3765ycjg said:
Was it an England under 21 game when Home Park was invaded by Wolves fans hoping to see Andy Mutch and Steve Bull together? Would look it up but scared to see how long ago it was.....late 80's? They had their own end didn't they? What a partnership that was.

Good news re: England at HP although I share concerns regarding Boothroyd. Surely England have learned that you should have a footballing style of play that is replicated throughout. That point remains true of good club sides as well.

Any way what is there not to like about a cheap family day out being inspired by the stars of tomorrow?

Follow the link to OS and all previous internationals are listed. I remember being there for U23 when Norman Piper played. Over 40 years ago. Agree it's scary.

Should attract a decent crowd as we always do. Just think, we could almost have a ground being prepared for the World Cup now if things had turned out differently.

Jun 11, 2012
If Aidy was the boss of the U19s or U21s that'd be worrying, but the U20s is generally, weirdly, a reserve side for the two aforementioned. If you look at a lot of current senior players, they've tended not to even play a game for the U20s.

Sean O'Driscoll (U19s) is not a huge improvement though... :silent:

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Oh have we got an international at Home Park then? That's so 'village'.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
In a slightly related matter, England U18s are playing Wales U18s at Truro on Friday. First international ever in Cornwall apparently.

Apr 9, 2011
monkeywrench":3uilmc34 said:
In a slightly related matter, England U18s are playing Wales U18s at Truro on Friday. First international ever in Cornwall apparently.
Its to do with the centenary or some such of the Cornish FA its at schoolboy level