Saturday's six-pointers | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Saturday's six-pointers

Dec 30, 2004
Brighton
Burton (1st) v Newport (8th)
Wycombe (3rd) v Stevenage (9th)
Argyle (6th) v Bury (7th)

Obviously we all want Argyle to win, but the other two fixtures are trickier. Assuming three points for Argyle, would it be better for Newport and Stevenage to win to keep Argyle within realistic range of automatic promotion; or for Bury and Wycmbe to win to leave Argyle with some clear daylight between them and 7th (and, crucially, 8th) below?

On balance I think I'd prefer to see Burton and Wycombe win.

Other than that, clearly we want Northampton to beat Shrewsbury and Accrington to beat Luton!

Feb 8, 2005
MickyD":1mutnyeo said:

Obviously we all want Argyle to win, but the other two fixtures are trickier. Assuming three points for Argyle, would it be better for Newport and Stevenage to win to keep Argyle within realistic range of automatic promotion; or for Bury and Wycmbe to win to leave Argyle with some clear daylight between them and 7th (and, crucially, 8th) below?

Other than that, clearly we want Northampton to beat Shrewsbury and Accrington to beat Luton!

I don't think I want BURY to win!!! ;)

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
MickyD":5bhystim said:

So with 14 games and 42 points still to play for and a number of games where teams near the top will be dropping points or taking points off of each other, you are saying that you are settling for the lottery of the Play-offs.

Dec 30, 2004
Brighton
Whoops :oops: Ach, north of Watford - who knows what the diffference is supposed to be between all those ferret feckers?

(Before anyone trundles the high horse out of the stable: Mum born and raised in Liverpool, Dad born and raised in Warrington; they got married in Widnes where they lived for years; I spent seven years in Liverpool and north Wales from the age of five, my wife was born in Birkenhead and raised nearby, we got married in Port Sunlight... Humour was my sole intent, gentle reader.)

Dec 30, 2004
Brighton
demportdave":3hliz10y said:
MickyD":3hliz10y said:

So with 14 games and 42 points still to play for and a number of games where teams near the top will be dropping points or taking points off of each other, you are saying that you are settling for the lottery of the Play-offs.

Not settling - just playing the percentages based on real life and games remaining.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
The-Pilgrim":3ncvizva said:
Argyle win and draws in the other games, we gain points on everyone!
Agree 100% that the more everyone around us draws the better it is. If we happen to lose a game then they only gain or advance a point on us and if we win we get two further away from those behind and two closer to those above. During the recent poor run a number of draws by those around us helped limit the damage.

there's a few "six pointers" or equivalents for us to muse over in March !!!
:greensmile:

Saturday 28th February 2015
Burton V Newport
Luton V Accrington
Plymouth V Bury
Wycombe V Stevenage

Tuesday 3rd March 2015
Wimbledon V Southend
Bury V Luton
Newport V Mansfield
Stevenage V Plymouth
Tranmere V Wycombe

Saturday 7th March 2015
Bury V Oxford Utd
Luton V Morecambe
Plymouth V Northampton
Southend V Wycombe
Stevenage V Newport

Saturday 14th March 2015
Dag & Red V Southend
Mansfield V Bury
Oxford Utd V Plymouth
Wycombe V Shrewsbury

Tuesday 17th March 2015
Dag & Red V Plymouth
Exeter V Stevenage
Newport V Luton
York V Bury

Wednesday 18th March 2015
Burton V Southend
Saturday 21st March 2015
Bury V Northampton
Plymouth V Newport
Shrewsbury V Oxford Utd
Southend V Cambridge

Tuesday 24th March 2015
Luton V Wycombe

Liam Vercoe

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 27, 2010
I'm glad we're in these kind of six-pointers, instead of the ones we were in a few seasons ago!

Feb 21, 2011
Burton can win don't think we'll catch them would like a draw in the other game as long as we win as I think Wycombe are catchable.

stewthenoo

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 24, 2005
YELVERTON
Looking at all the remaining fixtures, I don't care what all the other teams do. As long as Argyle win all of theirs, we will definitely be in the play-offs and could very well see automatic promotion. Fate well and truly in our own hands.