Any news on Reuben's injury? | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Any news on Reuben's injury?

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Plymouth Argyle FC ✔ @Only1Argyle

Shez: Reuben hasn't trained all week... #pafc

Shez: ....but he'll train on Friday and be fine for Saturday #pafc

BTW, you've had a PM from me sat in your inbox for the last few months. :)

Andy in Peverell

🚑 Steve Hooper
Sep 15, 2009
Peverell
A work mate bumped into him at the life centre on Sunday night and had a yap with him.

He's been playing with a foot injury for a while and showed my mate a big lump on the foot. When asked if he'd be fit for the Bury game he said yeah as he'd just have another cortisone injection.
Came across as I really nice bloke apparently and fair play to him for contiuning to play whilst clearly struggling

Dec 21, 2010
I'm a sad person Ian. I've never had a PASOTI PM before ! At least not that I knew about. 26 years as a Devon head teacher and still an IT numpty !

P

Piran-Pilgrim

If an unfit Reuben scores 3 against e@#ter with a foot injury just imagine what he would have done fit.

Argyle Nutter

Golf Liaison Officer ⛳️
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
On the sunny side of the street
Andy in Peverell":2sp54fkb said:
A work mate bumped into him at the life centre on Sunday night and had a yap with him.

He's been playing with a foot injury for a while and showed my mate a big lump on the foot. When asked if he'd be fit for the Bury game he said yeah as he'd just have another cortisone injection.
Came across as I really nice bloke apparently and fair play to him for contiuning to play whilst clearly struggling

Explains why he's been so Lazy & disinterested over the past couple of months :doh:

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Argyle Nutter":1xkrpxwk said:
Andy in Peverell":1xkrpxwk said:

Explains why he's been so Lazy & disinterested over the past couple of months :doh:

Lightweight! He's got another foot he can use hasn't he!! :furious:
:lol: :lol:

Mark Colling

♣️ PASTA Member
Sep 23, 2003
Brizzle
www.groupspaces.com
Pogleswoody":3rqr4k1v said:
Argyle Nutter":3rqr4k1v said:
Andy in Peverell":3rqr4k1v said:

Lightweight! He's got another foot he can use hasn't he!! :furious:
:lol: :lol:
I shouldn't have thought so, he's a professional footballer.

Most of the England team only have one foot.

L

lambanog

So playing, covering an injury with injected drugs is acceptable is it ? Does this not seem strange if cortisone prevents pain, then surely it is classified as an enhancing drug. It must be all in the wording ?

Aug 2, 2011
It is fairly common practice in most professional sports to use cortisone to mast pain in joints etc. The key issue is will the masking of the pain only lead to escalating the seriousness of the injury. This is something the physio and medical team have to assess.

Although Rueben has been through ( hopefully now over ) a quite period he has been a very much marked man during the last 10 to 12 games invariably being marked by two and on occasions three defenders. I think it is unfair to call him lazy he works b hard up front taking a lot of hassle and attracting defenders which has enabled Alessandra to benefit.

C

Cobi Budge.

Hope Reid is ok to start but I have faith in Brunt to do a job if he doesn't, Ryan has impressed me so far, he did really well at Exeter and he's still young so has plenty of time to improve. I think Sheridan might have picked out a rough gem in Brunt, looking forward to seeing how he gets on for us from here on in. Improvement on Morgan & Harvey as back up.