Mellor at CF (Instead of Harvey) | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Mellor at CF (Instead of Harvey)

Dec 23, 2010
Plymouth
Why at 1-0 down, with Tyler Harvey on the bench, would you take off Brunt ( who had a poor game) and replace with him a low on confidence Right Back? Sheridan's stubborn side showing again? :facepalm: :crazy:

C

Cobi Budge.

What a kick in the teeth for Harvey that must have been.

Truly bizzare decision. A chance fell to Mellor when we were 1 0 down and he just got his feet muddled up, if it had fallen to a striker I doubt it would have happened.

crownhillpilgrim":29qb5c2g said:
What - prolific Goalscorer Tyler Harvey? A forward you could knock down with a feather playing against an organised, physical back four?
I agree.

Bringing on a right-back who's scored 0 goals in 25 games was so much of a better decision than bringing on a striker who's scored 4 in 10 starts.

Right-back and striker, they're pretty much the same position anyway, aren't they?

C

Cobi Budge.

crownhillpilgrim":10dpuw2j said:
What - prolific Goalscorer Tyler Harvey? A forward you could knock down with a feather playing against an organised, physical back four?

Mellor isn't exactly a prolific goalscorer.

The substitution made no sense whatsoever, a poachers chance fell to Mellor at 1 0 and he just got his feet muddled, get the feeling Harvey would have taken it, and I'm not usually a big fan.

Jun 11, 2012
I thought the substitution made sense. Bring Mellor on for Brunt, play Mellor RWB, and push Talbot up-front with Lewi.

But no, Mellor went straight up-front for, I assume, his height advantage over Talbot, despite never having had ANY lucky whatsoever playing hoof-ball under JS.

Bemused.

Jan 29, 2010
plymouth
Absolutely bizarre , Allesandra had a stinker today as did Reid and both stayed on the pitch . Carl McHugh was man of the match , in my view , and was taken off. Very defeatist attitude from our manager.

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
Jason Banton used to bang in the goals when he was played as a striker so why did he persist with sticking him on the left wing where we all know he's ineffective. Put Banton up front with Lewis or brunt, then I would suggest bringing on a winger who can beat a man and whip in a decent cross but we threw one of them away to Motherwell for next to nothing.....

Mar 23, 2008
Bizarrw to the extreme, ever get the impression someones over thinking things to look good?? Why not just replace a striker with another.

Sep 2, 2008
HarlHM":uslu1aw8 said:
I thought the substitution made sense. Bring Mellor on for Brunt, play Mellor RWB, and push Talbot up-front with Lewi.

But no, Mellor went straight up-front for, I assume, his height advantage over Talbot, despite never having had ANY lucky whatsoever playing hoof-ball under JS.

Bemused.

That's what I thought was going to happen especially knowing that Talbot has experience as a striker. Would rather have had Nelse up there and put Mellor in Nelsons place.

Feb 21, 2011
Bizarre choice, but then all season unenforced subs have been uninspiring at best and down right weird at worst, today was the latter.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Pottypilgrim":r36rv5bb said:
HarlHM":r36rv5bb said:

Bemused.

That's what I thought was going to happen especially knowing that Talbot has experience as a striker. Would rather have had Nelse up there and put Mellor in Nelsons place.

Banton upfront, Harvey midfield, Talbot pushed forward on the flank.
Maybe Norburn midfield so a couple of passes might be completed? :facepalm:

Talbot upfront and mellor on the right.

If this throw of the dice worked it would be genius !! Harvey would have made no impression against the large and impressive bury defence and center miss. eththu man of the match easily. Right choices today, didn't come off. Lost to a better team

Also shows the importance of reid to the team, bury would have grown an inch and gained some speed on hearing he wasn't starting.

On and off the ball scoring or not, he is Integal to us staying near the top