Train travel disruption 7th and 21st March | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Train travel disruption 7th and 21st March

Sep 23, 2005
Due to engineering works trains will be replaced by buses south of Tiverton Parkway next Saturday.

I am told there will be buses travelling direct from Tiverton to Plymouth. However the Exeter bus will call at other stations en route so will take in the region of 2 hrs to get to Plymouth and the same for the return journey.

Going to have to drive for this one.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
jollygreenjohn":2x0nwc3o said:
Due to engineering works trains will be replaced by buses south of Tiverton Parkway next Saturday.

I am told there will be buses travelling direct from Tiverton to Plymouth. However the Exeter bus will call at other stations en route so will take in the region of 2 hrs to get to Plymouth and the same for the return journey.

Going to have to drive for this one.

When they run the direct buses from Tiverton Parkway to Plymouth, the journey time can quicker than the train if traffic is favourable.

Sep 23, 2005
True but no good when the bus time is twice the train time as it will be Exeter to Plymouth.
Annoyed to hear they are doing the same on the 21st but thanks for the warning Westbury Green.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
jollygreenjohn":1ae1qeax said:
True but no good when the bus time is twice the train time as it will be Exeter to Plymouth.
Annoyed to hear they are doing the same on the 21st but thanks for the warning Westbury Green.

I think you are misunderstanding. They run a stopping bus calling at the intermediate stations and a different express bus that runs directly to Plymouth via the M5/A38 without any stops and therefore faster than the train itself between Tiverton and Plymouth.

Sep 23, 2005
I am not misunderstanding at all, I do not travel from Tiverton but Exeter.
Yes there will be an express bus service running direct from Tiverton Parkway to Plymouth which may be faster than the train service. However I was told there will be no such express bus service from Exeter to Plymouth. The alternative bus service from there will be calling at intermediate stations and so is likely to take in the region of 2 hrs.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
jollygreenjohn":ytv1549e said:
Yes there will be an express bus service running direct from Tiverton Parkway to Plymouth which may be faster than the train service. However I was told there will be no such express bus service from Exeter to Plymouth. The alternative bus service from there will be calling at intermediate stations and so is likely to take in the region of 2 hrs.

They do take football into consideration but you have your own team in Exeter ;) :greensmile:

Sep 21, 2003
Peverell
Lundan Cabbie":soxv3e9p said:
jollygreenjohn":soxv3e9p said:

I think you are misunderstanding. They run a stopping bus calling at the intermediate stations and a different express bus that runs directly to Plymouth via the M5/A38 without any stops and therefore faster than the train itself between Tiverton and Plymouth.

That only stands for people just travelling from Tiverton itself. Anyone travelling from north of Tiverton will be delayed due to the time allowed between arrival of the train at Tiverton/departure of coach from Tiverton, and vice versa.

Sep 23, 2005
Lundan Cabbie":32zdub3b said:
jollygreenjohn":32zdub3b said:

They do take football into consideration but you have your own team in Exeter ;) :greensmile:

Mrs JGJ can't understand why I dont just go a few miles up the road either LC :-D