PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Excellent!

A lacklustre first half but we got in front courtesy of a great run from defence by McHugh, beating at least three players on the way through, he slipped the ball to Reuben who side footed home.

The second half was very different. We dominated the game, playing with an air of confidence.
Alessandra, Blizzard, Bobby Reid, Banton and especially THD took control with all the play taking place in the Cheltenham half.

Reid's second goal took a deflection which helped the ball loop over the keeper.

Cheltenham are a poor team and looked well beaten and made some challenges that on another day would have been a red card.

The third goal started on the left before switching to the right, O'Connor's cross was met by Ansah who glanced a header into the corner.
3-0 game over.

Ansah looks very lively and had a couple of shots.
The defence was solid as usual, THD was man of the match for me closely followed by Bobby Reid.

The Newport game and the after match comments by fans and Sheridan now look to be a watershed for the season because the team looked focused, galvanised and together, typified with every player apart from McCormick going to celebrate with the goalscorers.

The fans were right behind the team.

James Brent and Martyn Starnes were sat with the fans.

Well played lads, it's suddenly looking very Green again!

McCormick 7, Nelson 7, McHugh 8, Hartley 7, O'Connor 6, B Reid 8, Blizzard 7, Banton 8, THD 8, R Reid 7, Alessandra 7, Ansah 7, Brunt 6, Lee ?

ChepstowGreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
♣️ SWAG Member
Jade Berrow 23/24
May 1, 2006
Comfortable win, lovely! We looked like a team from a higher division, which, one way or other, could well be the case in a couple of months.

Mar 14, 2009
What was the system? Still 3-5-2?

Out of curiosity where did Banton play? Although I think he will be out the door come end of the season I am hoping he will have a indian summer to his Argyle career. I just think he could be a factor to whether we can score enough goals or not.

Be interesting to see if he changes it for Burton.

Jimmyd

✅ Evergreen
♣️ SWAG Member
Jan 3, 2009
Great 2nd half performance, let's hope we build on it. Holmes-Dennis was superb down the left, Blizzard and Allesandra also very good indeed. Cheltenham offered very little but was great to hear our fans behind the team and urging them on at every opportunity in the second half. We looked a very good team in the second half. For the record I'm pretty sure McCormick came over to the fans at the end, along with everyone else

Oct 18, 2011
Just back home. Short journey for me across town.

Echo the thoughts above. Second game in a row for me and a massive improvement over last week. Cheltenham were poor, but you can only beat what's in front of you. Few other thoughts:

Problem for me is in midfield. We're too static. First half, it's the same old problem. Ball goes to Reid, the midfield should be bursting to get in the box. None of them move.

Main culprit was Banton. He tried hard today, but for me he always looks like he's going to do something. But for some reason he never quite pulls it off. I liked the look of Ansah in that position when he came on. Looked very lively and like he has more goals in him.

Second half was a professional display. You could see the second goal coming. It was a bit lucky in the end with a deflection, but you make your own luck. We closed out the game, but why are we taking the ball to the corner flag at the end when we're 3-0 up and the opposition were finished. We could have pushed harder for a fourth.

Probably a bit nit picky after what was a good win. Think we may just scrape into the play offs, there'll only be a point in it and our goal difference may prove decisive. Then anything can happen, but I'm still not too optimistic.

Oct 18, 2011
Metal_Green_Mickey":pdq44g8y said:

Out of curiosity where did Banton play? Although I think he will be out the door come end of the season I am hoping he will have a indian summer to his Argyle career. I just think he could be a factor to whether we can score enough goals or not.

Banton played just behind the front two. Like you I was hoping for an Indian summer to his argyle career but after today I can't see it happening. In his second spell with us he's just lacked a certain edge. Ansah replaced him like for like and I'd start him there next week.

Oct 18, 2011
Metal_Green_Mickey":3l6uow5s said:

And yes 3-5-2! Sheridan has picked that Plan A and he's sticking to it...

I enjoyed that.

Living in Gloucester, it was the first time I have seen The Greens this season.

They played very well, not frightened to do a bit of dribbling and played as a team.

I particularly liked the way they won the long balls a patiently built up the attack.

Keep it up ,boys!

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Jimmyd":1xggv91e said:
Great 2nd half performance, let's hope we build on it. Holmes-Dennis was superb down the left, Blizzard and Allesandra also very good indeed. Cheltenham offered very little but was great to hear our fans behind the team and urging them on at every opportunity in the second half. We looked a very good team in the second half. For the record I'm pretty sure McCormick came over to the fans at the end, along with everyone else

I think the initial report only said that McCormick did not join the goal scorers to celebrate, which was understandable

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
A very very welcome 3 points and with 4 home games out of 7 to come and with goal difference worth another point I like to think we will scrape over the line. We have had a few false dawns after the wins at Northampton and Exeter in particular but with Luton's seemingly inexplicable implosion helping our cause optimism returns. The difference of course is our next game rather than against bottom of the league strugglers with 2 wins in 23 is against the best team in the division. You can only beat what's in front of you and we beat them well on their own patch. A decent bank holiday crowd on Friday and as long as we score first we are more than capable of clipping Burton's wings.

Jimmyd

✅ Evergreen
♣️ SWAG Member
Jan 3, 2009
davie nine":x2ia0hk8 said:
Jimmyd":x2ia0hk8 said:

I think the initial report only said that McCormick did not join the goal scorers to celebrate, which was understandable

Ah my bad, just re-read. Group celebration was good to see

Mar 1, 2014
Ilfracombe, Devon
So I thought I'd treat myself for Easter and see either this game or the Mansfield game on Saturday 11th...I decided on the Mansfield game and then we go and win 3-0! I'm torn between feeling great for Argyle or a bit disappointed that I didn't go :doh: