Credit to Sheridan | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Credit to Sheridan

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
How about a bit of credit to Sheridan for yesterday's display, it was also nice to see John Harbin back I wonder if he had an effect on the team.

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
Kidding. Beat a conference shower whose effort levels are even lower than our 70% offering (surprisingly exclude Banton from that), and all's well with our northern resident?

Stick it up the jacksie of burton and there might be a chat to have.

C

chronicgreen

There'll be no pleasing some on here, regardless of how well our campaign ends.

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
chronicgreen":xh0g8c6y said:
Every season where we fail to get out of Division 4 will be a failure, no matter how desperately you try to present it as success.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
demportdave":5qudy4en said:
chronicgreen":5qudy4en said:
Every season where we fail to get out of Division 4 will be a failure, no matter how desperately you try to present it as success.

Is there perhaps argument in saying that the avoidance of relegation is a success?

C

chronicgreen

demportdave":dr9xudaj said:
chronicgreen":dr9xudaj said:

I'm not trying to present anything as success, good to see you though dave, busy after yesterday's match were you? :whistle:

C

Cobi Budge.

We won comfortably and Sheridan made changes from last week, therefore I give him credit.

Praise when it's deserved & criticise when it's deserved, it's not about being fickle, just about commenting on what you see.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
Cobi Budge.":ls9ugh2j said:
We won comfortably and Sheridan made changes from last week, therefore I give him credit.

Praise when it's deserved & criticise when it's deserved, it's not about being fickle, just about commenting on what you see.

Credit and criticism when deserved only works when you state that "he made errors today" or "he got that wrong" it becomes fickle and worthy of egg on face when statements like "he is tactically inept" and "he won't get us promoted" get thrown around after a defeat.

I won't go routing around in your posts Cobi to see which category you fall into but there are people out there who have made such statements probably including me at some stage or another who are deserving of two barrels from the ever-positive (so called "green tinted") brigade if/when Sheridan manages to pull off a promotion because they were fickle rather than giving Sheridan and the team their dues as and when they deserve them.

C

Cobi Budge.

I still don't think he will get us promoted as too often he appears to be such a one dimensional tactician. Plan A works, plan B doesn't exist.

That said, credit for yesterday & I hope we kick on from here, very happy to end up with egg on my face if he gets us up.

May 26, 2006
South Devon
Even if he does get us promoted I wouldn't care if he left. I don't like the bloke and absolutely can't warm to him. I support Argyle but I don't support him.

Jan 7, 2013
Agree with most, hard to give credit for yesterday's win, first half according to radio commentary was described as woeful argyle took their chances in the second. Great 3 points nonetheless but credit to JS? Na! Beat Burton 3-0 then maybe!

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
chronicgreen":14vhpe34 said:
demportdave":14vhpe34 said:
chronicgreen":14vhpe34 said:

I'm not trying to present anything as success, good to see you though dave, busy after yesterday's match were you? :whistle:
No not really, I had a steady and uneventful drive back from Cheltenham. What about you?

A

alex-d

He should get credit for being bold in his selection of the attacking trio of Reid, Alessandra and Banton but in truth setting out with a more positive formation and mentality was something that should have been opted for months ago before we dropped as many points as we have done!