Should we be cheering on Exeter during the run in? | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Should we be cheering on Exeter during the run in?

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
With our nearest and dearest playing Luton, Newport, Shrewsbury, Wycombe and Southend during April, should we be cheering them on? The better they do the more favours they do us (assuming we do okay).

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Of course we shouldn't.

All we need to do is to wish their opponents don't do so well. :twisted:

There is a subtle difference.

Nov 4, 2012
If they do win them all then they will also be in the mix. Taking a couple of points of Newport and Luton could be handy, as for the rest of the games f*ck em.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
IJN":16tlabqv said:
Of course we shouldn't.

All we need to do is to wish their opponents don't do so well. :twisted:

There is a subtle difference.

This for me, I'll be supporting Luton, Newport and Southend losses not an E****r win.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
PAFC94":wug2dmex said:
If they do win them all then they will also be in the mix. Taking a couple of points of Newport and Luton could be handy, as for the rest of the games f*ck em.

I don't care if they are in the mix or not. If they do take points off Luton, Newport and Southend it would solidify our position and if we could get into 4th or 5th we play the second leg of the semi's at home which is an advantage.

All this assumes that we do enough for ourselves also.

Nov 4, 2012
Ade the green":dsqhpnpl said:
PAFC94":dsqhpnpl said:

I don't care if they are in the mix or not. If they do take points off Luton, Newport and Southend it would solidify our position and if we could get into 4th or 5th we play the second leg of the semi's at home which is an advantage.

Or It means Exeter win those 4 and nick our 7th place.

It's in our own hands, 4 wins should do it.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
PAFC94":1asnpm5g said:
Ade the green":1asnpm5g said:
PAFC94":1asnpm5g said:

Or It means Exeter win those 4 and nick our 7th place.

It's in our own hands, 4 wins should do it.

That won't happen. If Exeter were to be 7th, other teams would have had to lose and mean we'd need less points to get to 6th or even 5th. Bury seem likely to survive in 4th so Newport and Southend dropping points do us a favour. Exeter will get nothing from Wycombe or Shrewsbury so will maintain the gap we have through to may.
It is however in our hands but we need to aim higher than 7th. Plus, can you imagine their faces if they were to win and we moved up a place because of it!

Jan 3, 2013
Personally I'd be happy if Ex&t&r won the league one year as long as we finished second. Scenario.....ex&t&r best us 8 0 and 6 0 one season but we win the league, acceptable? It would be for me, I look upon them as the harmless little snotty boy with ripped trousers sat at the back of the class who you pat on the head and say never mind.

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
Knarf Reprah":3n0n1c79 said:
Personally I'd be happy if Ex&t&r won the league one year as long as we finished second. Scenario.....ex&t&r best us 8 0 and 6 0 one season but we win the league, acceptable? It would be for me, I look upon them as the harmless little snotty boy with ripped trousers sat at the back of the class who you pat on the head and say never mind.
:lol:

pilgrimmike1

R.I.P
Oct 5, 2010
oggieland
Knarf Reprah":2m24j6nv said:
Nah, thats the Turks you've just discribed :D

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
I don't know about cheering them on but they could do us some big favours. Their run in is hard so I can't see them actually reaching the playoffs but would be quite happy for them to draw all their remaining games.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
samjones":1crsgysl said:
I don't know about cheering them on but they could do us some big favours. Their run in is hard so I can't see them actually reaching the playoffs but would be quite happy for them to draw all their remaining games.

Look .. this is Execececeter!! So I'd be quite happy for them to lose all their remaining games!!
(not just this season! I mean ..ever!! :lol: )

Leo's Grandad

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 18, 2011
Sunny Plymouth
Pogleswoody Look .. this is Execececeter!! So I'd be quite happy for them to lose all their remaining games!! (not just this season! I mean ..ever!! :lol: )[/quote said:
:funny: :clap:
Nearly spit my tea all over my keyboard...