Reuben on course for 20 goals again | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Reuben on course for 20 goals again

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
After scoring two goals against Cheltenham Reuben Reid has now scored 19 goals for the season and set for 20 goals in consecutive seasons. :clap:
Last season he hit 21 goals in total, the first Argyle player to score 20 since midfielder Steve Castle scored 22 in the 1993/94 season and the first striker to score 20 since Sir Thomas of Tynan scored 26 in 1988/89.

I don't think Reid's goals have received the recognition they deserve this season, considering the poor goal scoring record throughout the team (apart from Alessandra), without his goals we'd be in midtable obscurity at best.

Andy in Peverell

🚑 Steve Hooper
Sep 15, 2009
Peverell
He needs a big pat on the back for continuing to play depite his injury.

I bumped into him at the chemist on Peverell park road and had a brief chat. He said the injury needed rest not an op but that the games were coming thick and fast and that he had to just get on with it. With every remaining game becoming even more important I doubt he'll get the rest the injury needs so fair play to him.

Fingers crossed the codeine and anti-inflammatorys do the Job for another couple of months!!!

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Did Reid get 21 goals total last season or just League goals. As he's at 17 League goals already and only 1 behind Matt Tubbs for the top scorer of the season. The guy is an absolute beast and were very lucky to have him. His goal scoring record is even more incredible when you consider that the way he plays is all about the team and not just himself.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I never rated him when he came back, thought he was selfish and lazy. How wrong can someone be? :oops:

I certainly wasn't the only one either.

What a player he has turned out to be for us. Could enhance his status this season, if you know what I mean. :shh:

Andy in Peverell":3bxf00az said:
He needs a big pat on the back for continuing to play depite his injury.

I bumped into him at the chemist on Peverell park road and had a brief chat. He said the injury needed rest not an op but that the games were coming thick and fast and that he had to just get on with it. With every remaining game becoming even more important I doubt he'll get the rest the injury needs so fair play to him.

Fingers crossed the codeine and anti-inflammatorys do the Job for another couple of months!!!

I hope you didn't do any more damage! :scarf:

Jan 3, 2013
Graham Evans":19iy01w2 said:
A great achievement , how many might he have got if he was not playing with an injury for much of the season?
or moved off the ball, won the odd challenge and didn't sulk! Sorry, am not a fan.

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
The bloke is class. Without his goals the past 2 seasons I dread to think how low we would be, imo the fact he's been playing with an injury for a few months and still on course to get over 20 goals to me proves he's the best striker in the league.

Feb 2, 2007
I thought he had a lot of ability in his first spell but the Championship was a bit much for him and we had some really decent options. Sad when he went because thought he could learn from Hayles and Ebanks. He's good enough for L1 now and hopefully he will get a chance to play there with us!

Jan 6, 2004
Knarf Reprah":36iup4as said:
Graham Evans":36iup4as said:
A great achievement , how many might he have got if he was not playing with an injury for much of the season?
or moved off the ball, won the odd challenge and didn't sulk! Sorry, am not a fan.

He had an attitude problem but this seems to be largely resolved - hats off to Sheridan for that.

Those that call him lazy do not understand him, he is a sprinter not a marathon runner - look at his build. He scores the goals he does precisely because he conserves energy for the occasional explosion... If he is scoring 20 plus goals a season, whatever he is doing is working...

Aug 17, 2011
London
Green_Flash":117o1oqg said:
Knarf Reprah":117o1oqg said:
Graham Evans":117o1oqg said:

He had an attitude problem but this seems to be largely resolved - hats off to Sheridan for that.

Those that call him lazy do not understand him, he is a sprinter not a marathon runner - look at his build. He scores the goals he does precisely because he conserves energy for the occasional explosion... If he is scoring 20 plus goals a season, whatever he is doing is working...

Some people were suggesting dropping him a month or so ago when Brunt came in. As I said then, he's just about the best thing we've got and any club in this division, and I dare say a good few in L1 would take him in a heartbeat. If we don't go up I should image he'll be off.

A

ArgyleMcT

neilbet79":1iaqzudb said:
Green_Flash":1iaqzudb said:
Knarf Reprah":1iaqzudb said:
Graham Evans":1iaqzudb said:

Some people were suggesting dropping him a month or so ago when Brunt came in. As I said then, he's just about the best thing we've got and any club in this division, and I dare say a good few in L1 would take him in a heartbeat. If we don't go up I should image he'll be off.

I can't quite remember but didn't Reid hint in January that he might leave in the summer if we didn't get promoted this season.