Rubes in FL team of the week | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Rubes in FL team of the week

Mar 7, 2006
On secondment in Kent
Not sure Frank is a troll, he's entitled to his opinion, he is also entitled to be wrong!!

Maybe people with a specific love or hate relationship with certain players could make it known in their signature so we all know which comments to ignore! Hopefully the site could handle Cobi changing his by the hour!

C

Cobi Budge.

Tubbs is the best striker in the league, reminds me of the BWP situation, when the league's top scorer plays for a club in mid table, doesn't say much for Pompey's defence.

Reuben is a close second though. He definitely seems to have picked up his head lately, back to being a real beast.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Although I am sure that Reid had an outstanding game I am not a fan of these compilation teams. Who gets to see all twelve fixtures in order to compile such line ups?

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
Lundan Cabbie":1s0k6m8z said:
Although I am sure that Reid had an outstanding game I am not a fan of these compilation teams. Who gets to see all twelve fixtures in order to compile such line ups?

I could understand it in the Premier League where the games are so highly watched that there are people who have seen enough of each game to know who played well enough to get into such a team that week but at L2 level it is an utterly pointless excersize as it seems whoever compiles these teams tends to just pick the forwards who scored goals that week and the defenders who were in a clean sheet holding defence.

Mar 7, 2006
On secondment in Kent
Isn't the PL version just Garth Crooks picking his favourite players Ollie?!

I imagine the lower leagues are done on stats rather that "performance". So two goals for a striker will probably earn him a spot even if someone else had a storming game playing a part in all 4 team goals etc.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Knarf Reprah":fz470q3s said:
Correct, and how on earth is expressing an opinion trolling?

You're not necessarily a troll for not rating Reid, but you are a bit of an idiot. The guy alone has granted you 40 seat jumping celebrations over the last two seasons. He's continued his fine scoring record from last season and has proven himself as more than a one season wonder and absolutely vital to this team, despite playing most of the season with an injury. You've not really backed your opinion up with any logic (only the narrow minded "he's lazy" observations), I can see why some see it as trolling. :thumbup: